cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido Collections with huge interest

Flores1
I'm a participant level 2

I need help figuring this out ,I had a fido account 6years ago and took out 2 phones one for my ex and also for me. My ex run up my bill due to roaming charges I was unaware of . Fido sent me to Collections and I settled that amount my uncle paid off the bill because they ask if I get a credit card payment the same day they will make settlement which I did and I later got a letter from them about it ,I even sent it into Equifax for update in 2016. 2yrs after the same bill came back on my account saying am owing 9000$ to fido ,I started reaching out to the agency no one got back to me until a month after I told them about it I even told them I don't owe that amount .The guy keep saying yes I owed so am asking him to make a settlement because I list my job and as a single mum I was able borrow some money to pay on the actual original balance of $5000 I offered money to them that I borrowed to clear almost half of my original balance ,I told him that's the best I could do the situation at hand Is really bad and am in the verge of bankruptcy  I lost my job because of covid and the fact I was willing to reach out to them to solve this beacause the bank advice first to see what could be done thought they would of done something .This is what the gentleman told me am gonna put in your file you lost your job as a single mum you can only pay $2000 that you borrow you are trying to make settlement but this is not enough so what you need to do is go file the bankruptcy and send us the letter.Now I want to know if a fido client is trying to make a settlement on their original balance to the collection and they refuse it especially it's a big amount during this covid time out suituation is better worse and they refuse the money and tell me to go file bankruptcy. Is this how fido have collectors handle their debts wouldn't it be better to collect money instead of non on top of that this file is going in 6yrs. Please who can help me solve this.

3 REPLIES 3

FidoSaira

Hey there! Thank you for connecting with us over the Community.

I am sorry to read about your experience. It is definitely is a steep amount to pay especially during this difficult time. 

To clarify, when a file is assigned to a collection agency, only they can negotiate any deal with you. For more informations regrading collection agencies, you can always reach out to our Credit Operations department by dialing 1-888-288-2106 from any phone. 

Hopefully, they will be able to guide you.

Flores1

I did reach out but no one seems to want to help and to notify this same amount was also collected in 2016 from another agency same time they send the file to the other shouldn't that Collections report to fido about payments on my credit file it was already reported paid after I send in the letter of settlement now another Collection is collecting the same amount 4yrs after

Hey @Flores1! Philippe here.

In that case, I suggest you contact our credit operations department again and have this escalated. They can at least provide you with the information on the previous collections agency and provide options.

If that doesn't work and you need further assistance, you can request a PM from the community, and we'll see what we can do.