Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fake Fido promotion offered by call

Athulps
I'm a participant level 3

Hi,

we received a call 3 days before claiming to be from Fido marketing team offering Us some good promotional plans to get us back to Fido. They had all our account details including the credit card's last 4 digits we used last time and the last 3 digits of the Id proof we gave then, my address etc. We were given some sweet deals which we accepted. They asked for two id proofs to confirm the process and we have the numbers for DL and COPR. They didn't ask for any payment options m, credit card numbers or so.. 

the woman who talked to me said that we will be receiving a mail from Fido confirming the offer we are getting, the connection details and such within 24-48 hours. It's been three days since this and we never got that mail.

How can I find whether this was an identity theft scam or so? 

12 REPLIES 12

swarnyk
I'm a participant level 1

I got the call from "Promotion Department" 6478446867 with 30% discount offer "for being long time with Fido". They wanted "some information just for the proof of identity". Ha-ha-ha! I said them to contact me through my account profile and said good bye. I was so smart, because it was for the 2nd time. About 10 days ago they offered the new phone almost for nothing. And called 3 times from completely different numbers, different area codes etc. Then I called Fido and was affirmed it was a scam. There is an industry of identity thefts and scam!

RRjoba

Yeah i have also received one today. His name was Austin and knew my name. But the offer seems fishy. a free tablet! 

phone no was- 403 879 1194

KSL
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

He knows my name and like to offer deal. First I have to answer some question though.

Bye, I do not release any information.

Hi there @KSL

You can always reach one of our agents through our servicing channels here to confirm if the call was legit or not. Any offers or promotions that were offered to you would have been noted by the agent calling you in your account.

That said, good job for proceeding cautiously!

Hey @RRjoba Smiley

That doesn't seem to be one of our outgoing numbers.

However, if you want to confirm an offer, you can always contact customer service and ask about it!
They'll be happy to look into that for you.

FidoKenny

Hello @Athulps

I'm curious to know about more about those calls you received.

Do you remember the phone numbers that called you?  

Athulps

Hi Kenny, the number was +18442776920

Hey there @Athulps

Have they called again?

Did you check your spam folder for the email?

Athulps

Yes! We have checked the spam folders too.. nothing from Fido not from the lady who talked to us . Her name was ak**bleep**ha as I remember. 

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Thanks for the update @Athulps

We'll be sending you a PM to have a closer look at it together. Talk to you soon Smiley

Athulps

Hi, 

thank you for the update.

Could we atleast confirm whether we should expect the offers to be real or not? If the order hasn't got placed, I should get the device from somewhere else as am in need of it at the earliest.. 

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Athulps

When changes are made to your account, an email confirmation for the transaction will be sent within 24 hours. Have you received this confirmation?

Please note that some offers are available at specific channels only. If the agent you spoke with left you a contact number, you can reach out to inquire if that offer can be extended to stores as well.

Alternatively, you can reach out to us on these channels so we can take a look at it together.