cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIDO Refer-A-Friend Nightmare

dolgas302
I'm a participant level 2

Beginning of this year, I onboarded my fiance to Fido using Refer-A-Friend. 

I did all the porting of the number and enrolled fiance's account using Refer-A-Friend link with Fido Rep who was handling our case. 

Everything seemed like it went smooth and was told that we would get $50 credit on both our accounts in a month or so. 

Fast forward to 4 months later, we still have not received our credits on both accounts. 

Steps that I have taken until now are as follows..

March Bill

- Followed up with FIDO for first time for credits not showing

- Informed that we need to wait until next bill to show

Apr Bill

- Followed up with FIDO again for credits not showing

- Informed that it seems like there is a delay so we need to wait until next bill to show

May Bill

- Followed up with FIDO again for credits not showing

- Agent went through some investigation for 40 minutes on comparing both my fiance's and my accounts and told us to submit a case through spark referrer website because it seems like he has not control over on what to do in terms of giving us credits.

- Ever since we submitted a case with Spark Referrer, we only received a canned message saying they are investigating. I have been following up every week but same canned messages comes back. 

June Bill

- Called Fido Customer Solution to cancel my account 

- Informed that Fido has nothing to do with this company and Customer Solution rep cannot help me on this matter.

What I want to ask FIDO is that why do you use 3rd party company to do referral program and do not take responsibility when things go south for your customers? 

And whenever I try to understand my current status, why do you guys deny Fido Spark Referer company as your working partner and tell me you cannot do "Anything" about my current situations?

I have been a loyal customer for you guys for so many years and this has been a really deal breaker for me and with amount of no responses that I got on this follow ups, I am very close to believe that this is a organized fraud at this point. 

5 REPLIES 5

khouya
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi Smiley 

You should get you credit, the best thing to do in your case is to contact a supervisor. And if the situation is not resolved u can contact the cprst, but i think fido can handle you case before going to this solution.

Have a nice day

dolgas302

I can not do anything if Fido denies that they have nothing to do with what goes on between referral credit.

Fido is using 3rd party company to handle thier promotion and in this case, spark referrer and asks me to follow up if I have a problem.

If you go to Spark referrer's website that Fido support sends you in the end in your support call, Spark Referrer only have web intake form and tells you they will reply within 1-3 business days. There is no phone number to call or any options to escalate.

It's a customer support trap. 

FidoFaiza

Hi @dolgas302

It definitely should not have taken this long to get the Refer a Friend credit. Is it possible that you or the referee's phone number changed?

Just to be sure, have you already filled this form out? 

dolgas302

Hello Faiza, 

We never changed our phone number. 

Already said that when we were doing this, we were with Fido rep who was handling our issue. 

Spark Referrer case is #243522

Hello Dolgas302,

Welcome to the community!

@dolgas302 wrote:...We never changed our phone number. ..

Firstly, I'm not that familiar with the whole Refer-a-friend process. However, you did technically change phone numbers. When a new line or account is created, it is automatically given a phone number. If you ported your fiancé's phone number over to Fido, that would have changed the phone number on the new line. 

If the Refer-a-friend process uses the phone number given to the line when it was created as reference, that could account why you or your fiancé haven't received the promotion. The referred phone number would no longer be active once her phone number had successfully ported over.

Again, I don't know the full details of how it works but I'm guessing that could be the issue. It true, the referred party would have to keep the given phone number until the Refer-a-friend process had completed.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers