cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error entering shipping address with phone upgrade

Graydon1
I'm a participant level 3

I tried to upgrade my phone and plan online but when I get to completing the shipping address I get an error message that suggests I need to phone FIDO... but if I do that, I lose the $100 credit and get charged the service fee. Why can't I enter my shipping address to complete the order? Very frustrating as I've been with FIDO since 1996, and renewed my plan with a new phone about 2.5 years ago.

6 REPLIES 6

Graydon1

Hi. Thanks for your thoughtful answer but it doesn't get at the problem. I wasn't trying to change my address... I checked my account and the address is correct for both shipping and billing. All I did was pick a new phone and plan doing an upgrade, and when I got to step 3 which says enter shipping address, I got the pop up window with the error. Any further suggestions? Thanks.

Graydon1

To clarify, I completed step two, picked a plan, then the pop up window is displayed for the $100 credit offer and waiving the $45 set up fee, which of course I took, then on the bottom right is the "continue to shipping address" button and when I click it I get the pop up displaying:

We're sorry, this information is currently not available online. If you need help with your account, please call 1-888-481-FIDO (3436).

Akk.

Hello @Graydon1,

The message you receive stated to give us a call, did you end up doing this? 

Graydon1

Hi,

No, I didn't want to phone because I would have lost the $100 credit and waiving of $45 service fee. Any suggestions around that? Thanks.

Hey @Graydon1!

If ever there's any glitch with an online offer or you cannot complete the upgrade please contact us as soon as possible so that we can complete the order for you and look into applying the offer. You won't be penalized in any way if it's not working, our reps will work with you to resolve things and get everything applied! Smiley

Hope that helps! 

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Graydon1,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you've been having trouble with your online purchase. However, there have been many instances of fraudulent purchases on customers' accounts lately. There might be additional security measures in place if your shipping address is not the same as your billing address. I think that is also the reason why they removed the ability for customers to update their addresses online. I understand it's frustrating not being able to complete your order online. However, it would be important for companies to be able to verify that the customers are the ones providing the different shipping address and not just anyone who has gained access to their information.

I also understand your reasoning for wishing to continue the purchase online. You might consider contacting customer service to see if they can add your shipping address to your account. Given the circumstances, they may be able to waive any activation fee and provide the credit you mentioned. Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they'll also be able to access your account.

Hope this helps 😀