cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email problem with VPN

baywop
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I am using the VPN IPVanish with wireguard protocol. When I connect to the internet using the VPN I cannot send mail. Reciving mail is fine. When I turn off the VPN email can send and receive fine. Can anyone explain why I cannot send email through the VPN?

Thanks

Frank

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Baywop,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you're having issues with sending emails via that VPN service. What email service are you using? It's possible the mail service provider is blocking the ability to send emails from IPs outside of their network (see here and here). With that VPN service, is it possible to switch locations? Since nefarious actors also tend to use VPNs to hide their identities, some of the VPN IP addresses might have been flagged for fraudulent or SPAM-behaviour. Changing the IP address or location might resolve your issue.

Since you seem to be able to send and receive email outside of the VPN, the issue does not seem to be with cellular or home internet. You might consider contacting IPVanish with your issue to see if they have any further possible reasons and solutions to your problem.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers