cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-Sim works on Pixel 4

mikeaaaa
I'm a participant level 2

I recently needed more data for working from home, and I needed it to be a separate bill that I could give to my work place and only have active during covid-19. So I went into a Fido, got my regular sim transfered to an E-Sim (that was done for free just by asking nicely). I then went and got 10gig a month for under 50$ (with roll over accumulation) on another sim that I was able to pop in and run data from the other providor only when I needed it for a hot spot.... FANTASTIC! 

NOTE: no body was going to tell me about this..... staff in store had no clue that this was possible but it was and i'm glad i did it.

I had seen lots of posts about e-sims and how they aren't advertised by Fido, but I had a success run and just wanted to share! Smiley

2 REPLIES 2

mikeaaaa

I have since gotten another esim, and it seems to depend on who's working the store or kiosk if you have to pay or not.. it's a max 20$ charge. One employee set me up free of charge.

Amb21
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

Thank you so much for sharing this info. I've asked the question several times and have received different answers on whether or not it would work on my pixel 4a. Now that you have confirmed it does (which is absurd that Fido doesn't even know. They say they only support e-sim for iPhones).

I would have preferred to do all of this online. They didn't charge you any activation fees?