Voicemail icon not showing on Pixel 4

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2

Voicemail icon not showing on Pixel 4

I am a new subscriber with a Pixel 4 phone (Android 10), my plan includes the basic voicemail (the free one with  up to 3 messages). Whenever I get a voice mail I get an SMS notification, but the phone does not show the voicemail icon in the status bar.

Is this a bug? I hope Fido does not expect me to pay $7/month to see the voicemail notification icon...

Accepted Solution

Re: Voicemail icon not showing on Pixel 4

Hello @Antipode,

It's not a bug that is how you will be notified you have a voicemail. 

There is a discussion explaining this here.

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 6
Highlighted
Solution

Hello @Antipode,

It's not a bug that is how you will be notified you have a voicemail. 

There is a discussion explaining this here.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 6
Highlighted

Thanks for replying, but I still don't understand. Would the icon be shown if I had the $7/month super-duper voicemail add-on?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 6
Highlighted

Hey @Antipode, the mini voicemail and the premium voicemail are both text message based and neither will activate the voicemail indicator that you would like to see.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 6
Highlighted

Hi, thanks again. What is the "visual voicemail" thing mentioned in other threads? Is that not the notification in the status bar?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Antipode,

Welcome to the community!

No, visual voicemail is not the notification in the status bar. At one point, visual voicemail referred to an app which would provide a text version of your voicemail so you could read your messages. Unfortunately, the android version did not work very well and was abandoned. However, I believe the iPhone version of visual voicemail still exists.

Since the android app did not work properly, Fido introduced the Premium Voicemail-to-text option for visual voicemail. Rather than being able to read your messages via an app, the systems sends a transcript of your voicemail via text message. It also provides an audio recording of the message in case transcription was not possible.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 6