cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downgrading and financing device

Chris1982
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

With covid and reduced income I would like to lower my overhead. I currently have 3 devices all financed. Bill is around $300 monthly. I've read on other forums that I would basically have to buy out each device that I want to downgrade. Why can I not just downgrade and continue financing the devices? Some kind of support from Fido would really help during these difficult times. 

1 REPLY 1

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Chris1982,

If you currently have one of the older plans that has the device subsidy built-in there is an option to change your plan without having to pay off the device balance.

Just log in to MY ACCOUNT of fido.ca click on the line you want to change on the next page click on UPGRADE PLAN and you should see the option available to you that will keep you in the same tier (small, medium, large).

If none of the options within the same tier doesn't work for you then you will have to pay off the device balance in order to switch to one of the newer plans. 

On the other hand, if you actually have one of the newer plans where you actually finance the phone then you can change the plan at any time and you will not have to pay off the device balance providing you stay within the same category.

You can learn more about the Fido Payment Program here.