Does Anyone Know What Date Fido Started Charging For Incoming Calls?

SOLVED
I'm a Participant Level 2

Accepted Solution

Re: Does Anyone Know What Date Fido Started Charging For Incoming Calls?

Solved by Senior MVP Senior MVP

Hello John_S001,

Welcome to the community!

As far as I am aware, Fido (and the other Canadian mobile providers) have always charged airtime for incoming calls. If your plan only has local calling, you would also get charged long-distance (in addition to airtime) when you receive a call while you're outside of your incoming local calling area.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

View solution in context
4 REPLIES 4
Senior MVP

Hello John_S001,

Welcome to the community!

As far as I am aware, Fido (and the other Canadian mobile providers) have always charged airtime for incoming calls. If your plan only has local calling, you would also get charged long-distance (in addition to airtime) when you receive a call while you're outside of your incoming local calling area.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Hey @John_S001!

@Cawtau is correct, incoming calls have always taken up airtime. I can however add in that in the past there were some plans that did give unlimited incoming plans, if a customer is still on one of these plans, then any incoming calls will not take from their airtime allowance.

We don't want to see you go though! Have you take a look at other plan options? There may be a plan that better fits your needs Smiley

Keep in mind that you can always contact us and we can go over your options. We can also send you a PM right here on the Community, just let us know! Smiley

I'm a Participant Level 2

I just noticed February 2018. This is a red flag as far as I'm concerned...I think I will cancel Fido soon and switch to a FREE VOIP service.

My online Fido account only lets me see 60 days back.

I'm Qualified Level 1

Hello @John_S001 

I just would like to add that usually either  you get a plan that is  unlimited calls and long distance Canada  or, that you have a plan that has a time-period of FREE calls Weeknights from 7 p.m. to 8 a.m. and weekends from Friday 7 p.m to Monday 8 a.m.

I hope this helps!

PS VoIP isn't completely free I'm affraid ..(equipment etc.)