Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discount not applied

Rohit93
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

Hi,

I am an international student and wanted an affordable plan so opted for the $55 plan with an additional $10 back to school discount. The first and the second bill didn't show the discount and I had to do a lot of back and forth to the center point Mall store and get it resolved. The store manager assured that it will be all right from the 3rd bill onwards that hasn't been the case, however. My current bill amount shows $70!!!!! and when I went to the same store manager to get it resolved he said there's nothing he can do and I should call the customer care and get it resolved myself. What is the point of going down to the store and seeking help from the manager when his response is call the customer service. It wasn't really a nice way to deal with the situation. 

I am an international student and a difference of $20 is not something I can overlook and it should be Fido's responsibility to update the information in the system. The response given by the manager was there are so many customers and only limited employees it is difficult to manage but you will get your discount eventually. This is really not acceptable.

Request you to kindly look into the matter

3 REPLIES 3

FidoAllan

Hey @Rohit93

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience on the Community.

Now, that doesn't really sound like the kind of service we aim to provide. I can definitely understand how budgeting is important, especially for students. 

To look further into things with you and hopefully make things right, we'd need to have access into your account. 

Please contact us through one of our channels here or if you'd rather continue on the Community, we'll gladly send you a PM over here.

Please let us know. Smiley 

Harshank
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hey there , 

I am also facing a similar problem. I was promised that I would get an iPHONE XR which was pre-owned for an amount of 1$ per month + taxes as my device upgrade and a discount/credit of 28.17$ per month. The original price was 29.17$ but now the discount/credit is not reflecting in my bill. All it shows is that I need to pay 29.17$ for a sum of 24 months instead of earlier promised - 1$ per month for 24 months + taxes. I am also an international student and such a big calculation going wrong would take a toss of my budget. Please help me and let me know what can happen in this case since I can't afford the device if it is priced this high.

Hello Harshank,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your bill. However, since your issue deals with the specifics of your account, you would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

That said, you should note the advertised prices are calcuated after bill credit. That is, the monthly financing for the phone is not actually reduced. Rather, customers receive a promotional credit on their bill to offset the cost of the device. I understand the credit promised might not reflect on your account at the moment. However, It's important to note that the credits do not reduce the actual cost of the phone. If you terminate your contract early, you will be required to pay the remaining balance owed on the device. The balance owed would not be $1 x remaining months, but rather $29.17 x remaining months (plus taxes) as the remaining credits would no longer be applicable.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers