cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference in prices for the same plan

Kay2018
I'm a participant level 2

Why is it that my husband got an offer for the same "exclusive" plan that I was offer for $10 less.

I have been with the company for 5+ years. He has been with Fido for 5+ months. 

Customer loyalty is not rewarded but punished? 

8 REPLIES 8

dhd
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

No, you are simply overcharging your existing customers.  I'm sick of this and I'm going to switch to a different provider.

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @dhd

Sorry to hear that's the way you feel about our offers and promotions.

We can assure you that we value all our customers as we have a variety of promotions available for new and existing customers. That said, please note that if a particular offer is no longer available, you won't be able to redeem it. 

In case you're billed extra charges on your invoice, have you had the chance to review the details by downloading the bill in PDF format? We don't overcharge our customers, we simply bill you the price plan  + options (services) you've chosen and any usage you make that is not covered by those options will generally be billed at a pay per use rate, all of which will be detailed on your invoice.

Hope this helps and don't hesitate to reach out to us if you need any assistance with your Fido account. We'd also be happy to go over your options for our current promotions.

FidoSaira

Hey @Kay2018

Welcome to the Community!

Based on what you have said, it appears that you have a loyalty offer on your line. Some exclusive offers are unique to specific numbers, which means that sometimes the same offer cannot be applied to another number in the same account based on its status. 

Our system finds eligible customers based on various aspects in an account, such as account history, tenure, usage etc. 

Whether we target you with an offer or not, I can assure you that we truly value your loyalty to Fido. You can always contact us and we'd be more than happy to look into your options.

Kay2018

Thanks for the response.

We are on completely separate accounts. He just recently switched to Fido. This is why the difference in pricing for the exact same offer angers me. 

It feels like my loyalty to Fido is worthless. He has only been with th company for 5months and he receives a better rate than someone who has been with the company for 5+ years?

"Can assure you that we truly value your loyalty to Fido."

If that is the case, why am I even here discussing the unfair treatment for brand loyalty. In order for you to explore my options as a loyal customer, I have to now call in and spend a sufficient amount of time on hold and get bounce around from channel to channel just to receive something that should have been offered from the start to loyal customers vs new customers. 

I am not sure how this is "valuing my loyalty"?

haykdav
I'm a participant level 1

Me and my wife are in the same situation and over the phone I heard exact same "we value your loyalty to Fido" and told me nothing they can do so we both can have the same plan for the same price. Not fair to say the least! Looking for alternatives to switch and will do as soon as I end the agreement we have...

jbeith

Did you ever get this resolved?  I'm in the exact same boat with my spouse (I have been with Fido longer, and I've bought a phone from them as well as had a more expensive plan for the past 3 years until recently when we both upgraded to the same plan).  Although, mine isn't just the plan difference (we both upgraded to the same plan, then shortly after, she got an offer for a plan with an additional gb for the same price she was already paying [the same plan I was/am on]).  I took that on the chin and went about my day as I don't really need more than 4GB anyway.

Now, we both plan to get a Pixel 3.  I complete an online order for her and gets a really good deal placing the order through the mobile support chat - no increase to her plan costs and a decent credit to apply to her next bill as well as a heavily discounted phone.  I go online and try to do the same, only to find that my deal is worse - much worse:

1) I have to pay $10/m more for my plan (which is already worse than hers)
2) I will not get a $75 credit that they offered her

The feel of instant betrayal poured over me.  I, the person who's been a Fido customer longer and even convinced her to switch to Fido; I, the one who is currently paying the bill; I, the one who was on mobile support chat ordering the phone for her no less than 10 minutes before - was going to have to pay MORE for LESS.  

I get that you use some sort of computer algorithm to try to figure out the best way to distribute relevant deals, but take it from the customer - if they say it's broken, it's broken.  If you're happy giving a particular deal to one customer, especially one in the same house, then give it to another that specifically asks for it.  I'm not asking for anything that wasn't on the table for at least one other person - I'm just asking not to be discriminated against for my loyalty.

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @jbeith

Can you please confirm if both lines are on the same account or not?

As mentioned previously, our system finds eligible customers based on various aspects in an account, such as account history, tenure, usage etc. When the targeted line shares an account with other lines, the offer can be added to all lines in some cases.

That being said, we'll need to have a closer look at your account to better assist you. Please reach out to us on these channels to get started,

Talk to you soon!

I misunderstood your message @Kay2018, I do apologize for that!

I thought you meant that you had an exclusive plan, hence my message refers to your line. Since I do not have access to your account, I cannot review the details.

Having said that, it is possible that your husband benefited from a promotional plan when he signed up. Our offers are always changing and we did have some amazing plans back then. 

A few other factors can contribute to a price plan difference, such as:

- being on agreement vs no agreement

- the plan tier you are on vs your husband's plan tier (Small, Medium, Large etc.)

- loyalty offers

I assure you that your loyalty means everything to us! We'll be happy to review your options together, to get started, you can contact us using these methods.