cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of billing due dates.

LeslieMcKiernon
I'm a participant level 2

Fido sucks for this reason keep changing billing dates to get late fees. Probably cutting service soon. Rather leave than argue everytime I call support. FIDO SUCKS

7 REPLIES 7

Frank37
I'm a participant level 1

Hi,

How can I change my billing date to the first of each month ?

Thank you

Hey @Frank37! Philippe here. Welcome to the community. Smiley

To clarify, are you looking to change your billing cycle date or the payment due date?

As stated above, payment due dates can vary by 1 to 2 days depending on the number of days in the month. The billing cycle itself is fixed on the date you activated your service.

Tamara369

So the billing due date cannot be changed? Yes or no?

Hello Tamara369,

Welcome to the community!

While the billing due date might vary month-to-month depending on the exact dates, the due date cannot be intentionally changed. That's because the due date is based on your billing cycle date which is set when you activated your account. Generally, a billing cycle starts the day after a line is activated. Your bill will be issued shortly after your billing cycle ends (see here), and your bill due date will be a set number of days after your cycle has ended (see here).

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @LeslieMcKiernon

Your billing cycle is set when you activate your account, and will not be changing each month. This means that your cycle will reset at a specific date, which you can confirm online on Fido.ca or directly on the Fido mobile app (how many days are left on the cycle, in the usage section).

As for payment due dates, those can vary. Simply put, not all months are 31 day long. That said, you can view your payment due date directly on the invoice.

We also provide you with different self-serve options to avoid these type of situations, such as:

• Fido.ca to access your payment and billing history at all times
  • Pre-Authorized payment options using your credit card or banking account. You'll find more on the payment options here

Hope this clarifies, and don't hesitate to reach out to us at these channels if you need any help with your Fido account..

LeslieMcKiernon

Sadly in the beginning payment due date was 5th of month now 31st, day before payday. Will be cancelling contract as monthly deductions on 0 balance should not be extra money each month. Bill says phone  $700.00 minus $700 promotional discount. They should have cancelled last month when requested.

Hey there Smiley @LeslieMcKiernon

For any assistance with your account, you can find the ways to reach us here.