cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change number of rings before voicemail

Marilyngris
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I googled how to change the number of rings before voicemail kicked in and entered the code I found (**61*321**20#) and it said the change ("MMI code started - call forwarding when no reply registration was successful") but it still rings the same number of times as before and now it doesn't go to voicemail but rather says that it can't complete my call.  How do I fix this?

I have a Samsung A5.

4 REPLIES 4

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Marilyngris,

Welcome to the community!

It's possible that you activated conditional call forwarding (see here). You might be able to deactivate the call forwarding by dialling ##61#

I believe changing the number of rings can only be done by customer service (see here). Another community member posted a ring code you might try, however, that method doesn't appear to work for everyone. If that method doesn't work, the change would have to be done by customer service. Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they will also be able to access your account.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

VINI-6
I'm a contributor level 1

Thank you - I also did the same thing and ended up with the message to the caller "cannot connect as dialed, please check the number"  My phone is now going to voice mail correctly again !  Yay !!  Now to increase the number of rings.....

Hey @VINI-6! You'd need to contact customer service, and they'll be able to change the number of rings on your line. 

VINI-6

Thank-you !