Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change First Name on Account

lunabeieli
I'm a participant level 2

Hello,

I'm trying to change the first name on my account, which I recently legally changed. I called Fido and the rep told me to fax my Change of Name Certficate to 1-888-290-3436; every time I try to do this online, it fails, so I'm wondering if there is any other option? 

Also, will the change of account name also change the name on call display?

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @lunabeieli,

I'm not sure what you mean by "every time I try to do this online, it fails" You should be faxing the required documents. 

You can also visit a Fido store and get the name change done there. It should update your outgoing name display if you you can always change it anytime through the MY ACCOUNT section online.

Magoobleheimer

Changing it through the MY ACCOUNT selection isn't all that easy and so I ended up with a Live Chat agent and am getting my firsrt name changed... again... yes... I'm on my second try of getting this done...ugh

Hey @Magoobleheimer! Hopefully everything went well with the name change. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need any more help.

lunabeieli

Sorry, I don't own a fax machine so I was using an online service. But that sounds great, I'll go do it in person, thank you!