Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant change my phone number online

Mahwash
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi,

I tried changing my phone number but whenever i click confirm following message appears “oh ho something went wrong”. I tried clearing cache and used different browsers but no use. Please help!

5 REPLIES 5

Vanessak69
I'm a participant level 2

I'm having the same sort of issue I've been trying for over two hours to change my number online and it's not allowing me to.  I get the same error message over and over "Sorry, something went wrong on our end. Please try again or check back later."  If it helps I just got the phone and haven't made a payment yet since its not due for another two weeks.  Please help, thank you.

Let's look into this together. 

Please contact at one of the following channels: https://www.fido.ca/consumer/contact-us 

Vanessak69

I've spoken with a variety of reps via online who give me different responses and never resolve the issue.  This is getting to be a bit ridiculous since the self serve options aren't working and no one can help me with the issue without me being charged a $45.00 fee for something I can easily do myself.  I've done everything suggested, using different browsers, clearing caches etc and nothing is working.

Hello Vanessak69,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you're having issues with changing your phone number. Have you had a chance to view FidoSaad's post below? Specifically, Are you choosing a new number from the same area code or from a different city/Province?

Alternatively, are you trying to change your phone number to one you had previously?

If you are attempting to change your phone number to one from a different Province, you would need customer service assistance as you would also likely need to change your plan as well. Plans are often Province-specific and are related to phone number and not necessarily a customer's living address. You should note that there is no charge if the number change is due to a move requiring a change in local calling area (see here).

If you are wanting to change your phone number to one you had previously, you would also need to contact customer service to request the number be ported from your old provider. If you are intending on porting your phone number you should note that the line from your old provider needs to be active (see here).

In addition, while it sounds like you have monthly post-paid services, it should be noted that pre-paid customers might need to contact customer service in order to change their phone numbers.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @Mahwash

Does this error message appear when you confirm the phone number change at the last step?

In order to better assist you, I'd like to confirm a few details as well:

1. Do you have access to your bills on Fido.ca?
  2. Are you choosing a new number from the same area code or from a different city/Province?
  3. What browser are you currently using? Have you had the chance to try using a different one?

Let us know!