Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot change my phone number through the website

batman8
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi,

I moved from Montreal to Vancouver, and would like to change my number to a local one for work reasons, but the online system is not functioning as it is supposed to, and giving me error messages every time I try to finish the process. 

Any way that this could be solved?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Batman8,

Welcome to the community!

You should also note that your current mobile plan is linked to your phone number and may not be available in other Provinces. Even if the plans appear identical, there might be cost differences between the Provinces. If you would like to change your phone number between Provinces, you'll likely also need to change your plan to one available in your new Province.

If you would like to change your phone number and plan, you will likely need to contact customer service so they can access your account to perform the change. I don't think My Account will allow both changes at the same time. I don't believe there should be a charge for customer service to make the change as it involves a change in local calling area (see here). Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they'll also be able to access your account.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

FidoKenny

Hello @batman8

What's the error message that you are getting when you try to change your phone number?