cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canceling my phone

Cindy2LouWho
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1
Fido is unwilling to work with me to pay off an outstanding balance of a lost phone in which I have been keeping with payment arrangements on top of my regular new phone payments. I am cancelling all services effective Tuesday, July 6, 2021 at 6:00 pm.

I am not going to lose where I live, inability to pay other bills, put food on my table, transportation to and from work to fulfill unreasonable demands of payment in total from a cell phone company.

And any other fees demanded by Fido after Tuesday, July 6, 2021 at 6:00 pm will not be paid.

Future payments to Fido will be at my discretion, not Fido.

Cynthia R
1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Cindy2LouWho,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear of your situation. I understand it's frustrating and financially unexpected having to pay for a phone you might have lost. However, it is not unreasonable for company to expect full payment for that device. If you already have made a payment arrangement, then you are likely already in contact with Fido's credit operations department. They are the only ones who can determine any possible provisions.

You should note that this is the community forum and not customer service. Simply stating your intention here to cancel your services will not accomplish that task. You would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above. 

You should also note that upon cancelling your services, you would be required to pay the balance of your devices -- even for the one you lost. Cancelling your services does not do away with your obligation to pay for those devices.

Unfortunately, if you choose to not pay what you owe, that balance will likely be sent to collections and affect your credit in the future. I understand it's a difficult time for many people. Perhaps there may be other sources of assistance available to you.

**edit** You might consider removing your phone number from your post as this is a public forum**

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers