cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller 844 277 6920

trynittee
I'm a participant level 2

I have been getting calls from 844 277 6920 on and off for weeks.  When I pick up, the call ends.

Frustrated, I came online to research and it turns out this is a FIDO number.  I can read from previous posts that FIDO is confused.  Confusion doesn't instill customer confidence; it suggests you don't understand your own environment.

Whatever automated system you are using, please stop it.  It's clearly not behaving as expected.  I work in IT, and am familiar with systems going awry.  What is more annoying is when management/systems staff are aware there is an issue, the issue has been ongoing for almost a year, and still, end users are being annoyed and pestered.  That is Poor Problem Management.

I have resorted to blocking this phone number from my phone.  

So... where does that leave confidence in Fido with its customers?  And, where does that leave Fido in the future if it really does need to call me from that number?  =Communication is broken down.  However, the issue is with FIDO.  FIDO is letting an ineffective system run, damaging its communication with customers, and doing Nothing to fix it.

I have been a customer since 2005.  And in case it's not clear, I am extremely annoyed.   Usually, FIDO is amazing.  Your customer service is unparalleled.  I have sold many of my friends and family on FIDO just because one call does resolve the issue.  However, I have a low tolerance for issues that have been ongoing for a year.  And the only reply to this post that is acceptable is a specific plan/date on how and when FIDO is addressing it.  Don't post the annoying answers I've seen on other posts:  Hmm.  That's strange.  Or Have you stayed on the line?  

Track FIDO's outgoing call logs for that number, note the number of failed calls and deal with this.

Thank you,

C.  Allan  

58 REPLIES 58

Srs1
I'm a participant level 1

I keep getting calll from this num and i answer the call and nobody responds and it disconnects after 5 seconds 

Hey @Srs1! Philippe here. Welcome to the community. Smiley

I've moved your post here, as it will have all the answer you seek.

I hope this helps!

Innerprace

I am having similar issues from the same number. This is extremely annoying amazingly when I looked up the troublesome number it leads me to fido, my provider and this forum. 

Please make the hang up calls from you stop so I don't have to block you entirely. It's ridiculous! 

Hey @Innerprace

We certainly don't wish for you to feel this way! If you want to stop receiving calls from our telemarketing team, just contact us and we'll remove you from the list. You can also register to the Do Not Call List through here.

Keep in mind that it can take up to 10 business days for this to process.

We can also send you a PM right here if that's what you'd like.

nick73

Also received 4 calls from that number today (10 am, 1 pm, 3 pm & just now 4:44pm), I googled the number to see if I should add it to the spam filter and was surprised to see this number been owned by Fido.

Why do they call us if they do not talk on the line? I mean, even if I answer it’s dead silent...somewhat annoying to receive these calls at work, it is feeling like someone is stalking me 😛

Likely my number was pulled into some robot call and it lists no offers for my number and then it goes radio silent when I pick up the phone?

...very annoying but ironic they called while I was typing this message, why always radio silent?!?!!?.Sad

igorcv

Missed the call earlier today and just wondering what you guys wanted to offer Happy

How do I follow-up?

Thanks

Hello @igorcv,

This is a company calling on behalf of Fido you will have to wait for them to call back.

szhandrew

Get several calls a week from ‭+1 (844) 277-6920‬, I realazed the call is from FIDO. Everytime, when I pick up the call, the call automatically disconnects after 3 seconds.

Everytime! Sad

Hey there @szhandrew! We've moved your post here since it's been already discussed a lot. You will find all of the information you require right here.

Have a great day!

dchan1

Today is February 12, 2019. I have just experienced what @trynittee described back in April 2017! (called from the number stated then it was hanged up when answered).

I assume FIDO has resolved to leaving the problem as it is?? 

Hello Dchan1,

Welcome to the community!

While the phone number does belong to Fido's Telemarketing team, spammers and scammers have also started to spoof the number (see here and here). It's possible the people calling aren't in fact from Fido.

If the calls are indeed from spammers/scammers, there is unfortunately not much that any of the mobile providers can do to prevent them. Since the spammers/scammers use spoofed numbers, it is not possible to identify the true spammers' number. Even the RCMP's number has been spoofed (see here). 

Unfortunately, until the technology to unmask the true number of spammers/scammers is readily available (not simply the number shown on the caller ID), the only solution currently is to block the numbers on your phone. That said, it is hopeful to note that the CRTC is trying to implement measures to reduce nuisance calls (see here and here).

If the calls are from Fido, I do not wish to make the outbound team's job any harder. They need to find a better way to reach customers -- a way in which customers can trust it's actually them.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

leafy

Hello, 

Please remove me from this telemarketing list as well. The phone calls are extremely bothersome. They keep filling up my mailbox. 

Do you require any further information from me in order to stop these calls? Or can you access my phone number and other necessary information yourself. 

Thanks, 

Elif

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey leafy!

We'll need to access your account for this so we'll send you a PM to get the ball rolling. 

Talk to you soon.

How is the "hang-up" problem still occuring after so many months of having this problem reported?

I also get these call regularly. Please don't tell me that you'll put me on a Do Not Call List, that doesn't permanently solve the problem for anyone. Please don't ask to PM me, just answer the question:

How and when will you fix the problem of these calls hanging up.

Thank you,

A

FidoPamela
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi @9989

Welcome to the Community Smiley 

We are aware that this is something affecting some of you guys. Most of the calls go through properly at this time. The team in charge is still looking into this and we are trying to see how we can make sure all calls are properly connected. 

At this time, we do not have an estimated time of resolution. 

archlaxmanpatel

Hi,

Lately I am receiving blank calls from 8442776920. Three calls in the middle of the meeting is really disturbing. I searched on web and found its from Fido customer care. I am not too authentic about this and therefore would like to know from Fido. If this is true I would like to know why blank call. What is it the intent.

And if this is NOT from fido, can you please advise before I block it permanently.

Sincerely

Laxman

**edited to remove personal information**

Hey @archlaxmanpatel!

I've moved your post here as it deals with a similar topic Smiley

Those calls are from our outbound team! Have they left a message?

vincedg

I am receiving a call from this number at least once a day. When I answer the call, it disconnects. When I don't answer, the caller seems confused and doesn't leave a message they just say "hello?". I have blocked this number but it doesn't stop the caller from leaving voicemail.  

Hey @vincedg and @kellmoo!

We've shared the feedback so that this can be looked into. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience! 

As for the National Do Not Call List, it would only be for businesses you have no relationship with. It doesn't apply to Fido if you have an account with us. We do however have an internal Do Not Call List we can register you to if you prefer not to receive our marketing calls. 

Let me know if you'd like to register, I'll be happy to send you a PM. 

kellmoo
@FidoPamela wrote:

Hey @vincedg and @kellmoo!

We've shared the feedback so that this can be looked into. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience! 

As for the National Do Not Call List, it would only be for businesses you have no relationship with. It doesn't apply to Fido if you have an account with us. We do however have an internal Do Not Call List we can register you to if you prefer not to receive our marketing calls. 

Let me know if you'd like to register, I'll be happy to send you a PM. 

Yes I'm a customer of Fido, please do add me to the do not call list.