Caller 844 277 6920

I'm a Participant Level 2 trynittee
I'm a Participant Level 2

Caller 844 277 6920

I have been getting calls from 844 277 6920 on and off for weeks.  When I pick up, the call ends.

Frustrated, I came online to research and it turns out this is a FIDO number.  I can read from previous posts that FIDO is confused.  Confusion doesn't instill customer confidence; it suggests you don't understand your own environment.

Whatever automated system you are using, please stop it.  It's clearly not behaving as expected.  I work in IT, and am familiar with systems going awry.  What is more annoying is when management/systems staff are aware there is an issue, the issue has been ongoing for almost a year, and still, end users are being annoyed and pestered.  That is Poor Problem Management.

I have resorted to blocking this phone number from my phone.  

So... where does that leave confidence in Fido with its customers?  And, where does that leave Fido in the future if it really does need to call me from that number?  =Communication is broken down.  However, the issue is with FIDO.  FIDO is letting an ineffective system run, damaging its communication with customers, and doing Nothing to fix it.

I have been a customer since 2005.  And in case it's not clear, I am extremely annoyed.   Usually, FIDO is amazing.  Your customer service is unparalleled.  I have sold many of my friends and family on FIDO just because one call does resolve the issue.  However, I have a low tolerance for issues that have been ongoing for a year.  And the only reply to this post that is acceptable is a specific plan/date on how and when FIDO is addressing it.  Don't post the annoying answers I've seen on other posts:  Hmm.  That's strange.  Or Have you stayed on the line?  

Track FIDO's outgoing call logs for that number, note the number of failed calls and deal with this.

Thank you,

C.  Allan  

Accepted Solution

Re: Caller 844 277 6920

Hi @trynittee!

I'm sorry to hear your recent experience with Fido was not a positive one. The number in question is from our telemarketing team and shouldn't disconnect once you pick up. I can definitely understand how upsetting that can be. 

That said, I will be sure to pass your feedback along to the right people. Fido aims at providing top-notch service to all its customers and we appreciate any opportunity that allows us to improve ourselves. 

Moving forward, do you want me to add your number to our Do-Not-Call list? The list is updated every 30 days and is good for 5 years. I do understand that you have blocked the number from your end already. 

I thank you for bringing it to our attention!

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 48
Moderator (inactive) FidoFaiza
Moderator (inactive)
Solution

Hi @trynittee!

I'm sorry to hear your recent experience with Fido was not a positive one. The number in question is from our telemarketing team and shouldn't disconnect once you pick up. I can definitely understand how upsetting that can be. 

That said, I will be sure to pass your feedback along to the right people. Fido aims at providing top-notch service to all its customers and we appreciate any opportunity that allows us to improve ourselves. 

Moving forward, do you want me to add your number to our Do-Not-Call list? The list is updated every 30 days and is good for 5 years. I do understand that you have blocked the number from your end already. 

I thank you for bringing it to our attention!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 48
I'm a Participant Level 2 trynittee

Although, yes, adding my name to the Do Not Call list is welcome, it does not address the issue that has been posted on this site multiple times: this number calls your customers and hangs up on them.  

When will this issue be addressed?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 48
Former Moderator FidoManuel
Former Moderator

We don't have that information at this point, we'll get the information forwarded to the team in charge of our automated calling system.  

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 48
I'm a Participant Level 1 cc143nc
I'm a Participant Level 1

I am still getting these calls and the last was yesterday, July 11 at 6:58 p.m.  The problem is still not fixed.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 48
Former Moderator FidoChristina
Former Moderator

Hey there!

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

I'll send you a PM so we can take a closer look at this together!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 48
I'm a Participant Level 2 C_Dooge

Just googled this number to see what's up, and I find that it's Fido calling me and hanging up? What's up with that? The last three business days in a row.

You can put ME on Do Not Disturb.

Thanks

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 48

Hey @C_Dooge Smiley

That's one of our outbound numbers from our marketing campaigns. The calls should definitely not be dropping though!

Have you contacted us to see what the calls were regarding?

Let us know and you'd like we can send you a PM right here on the community so we can take a closer look at things.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 48

This, right here, this is me contacting you. Yup, send me a PM please Happy Unless there's a better way?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 9 of 48
Moderator (inactive) FidoFaiza
Moderator (inactive)

Hi @C_Dooge,

PM coming your way!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 10 of 48

One of us doesn't understand how pm's work... Either it wasn't sent, or I'm not seeing it 😕

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 11 of 48
I'm a Participant Level 1 kerrydee
I'm a Participant Level 1

I have been getting calls from this number every few days. Today I finally picked up, said "hello?" and the call disconnected. Minutes later someone on my contact list received a call that the caller id identified as being from my number, when she answered all she heard was my voice saying "hello? hello? hello?". She called the number back, but it didn't come through to my phone.

So, if this number is a legit fido telemarketting number, then could someone please explain to me what just happened?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 12 of 48

Hey,

Welcome to the Community, @kerrydee!

Thanks for letting us know! We'll have this looked into asap! 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 13 of 48
I'm a Participant Level 3 ryanm3
I'm a Participant Level 3

I've been getting these calls all the time too and it's really annoying! I blocked the number but now it just goes to my voicemail. Messages are the same as the other comments on here, it's just a woman's voice saying "hello" and then they hang up. I finally googled the number expecting it to be russian hackers or something, so imagine my surprise when I come across this webpage and find out the spam caller is MY phone company who I PAY MONEY TO EVERY MONTH! Knock it the hell off fido or i will switch to a different carrier. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 14 of 48
I'm a Participant Level 3 ryanm3
I'm a Participant Level 3

And now you're emailing me about a "badge" for participating in your "community"--- I'm a CUSTOMER, TAKE MY MONEY AND LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE!!! I'm not paying to be part of a community, God **bleep** It!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 15 of 48