Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call goes to nowhere

furyCustomer
I'm a participant level 3

Dear Fido,
your service is a disaster. I've been your customer for more than 5yrs, I pay you $188 monthly for 4 x cell phones and a home phone but today was a last bit to overfill the cup of my patience. Three days ago we've been back from vacations in Europe which resulted in quarantine for whole family. I gave them a cell number of my wife to receive those important calls from the government which are important to get answered live. Today she discovered two unanswered calls from 888-336-7735 which was a big bad surprise, because everybody was  at home and wife's cell phone ringtone was on at full volume level. The calls from those numbers happened at 12:50 and 13:47 and resulted into voice mail.  Interesting thing is that my wife was holding her pnohe in hands at 13:47 using it to watch Youtube and she did not hear or see any calls on the screen.  So I decided to send her a test call from my phone. My cell phone was indicating that her phone is ringing but in the reality there was nothing happening on the wife's phone!!  So I took her phone and sent a test call to myself - this worked. Then I sent yet another test call from my phone to her phone - this time things worked OK. Her phone ringed. The grand total of the story: my wife was not reachable for at least one hour.
Here I need to add that we have a cell tower nearby in very close vicinity and the strenghts of signal is always at 100%
. It is not for 1st time that I see problems with Fido service. It happened many times  in the past that people calling me, my phone does not ring so they get directed to my voicemail. 

Enough is enough. I'm going away from Fido to Bell or Telus. Your service sucks.

8 REPLIES 8

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @furyCustomer

Sorry to hear about your recent experience. We can definitely try to narrow it down together, to find out what happened.

From the description you've shared it seems like all your Fido services are working as intended with no interruptions, the exception being your wife's phone at that specific time.

A few questions if I may to help us narrow it down:

1. Has your wife experience this situation before?
  2. Did this happen again as well?
  3. Have you perhaps had the chance to confirm if her phone has the Do Not Disturb feature enabled?

Let us know!

furyCustomer

Hi,

1. > Has your wife experience this situation before?

she does not know. Prior to Sept-02 we have not been using our cell phones for 35 days, because whole family been to Europe.  There we were using local SIM cards.

2. > Did this happen again as well? 

she doesn't see any unanswered calls since yesterday

3. > Have you perhaps had the chance to confirm if her phone has the Do Not Disturb feature enabled?

this was the first thing which I checked before trying to send her a test call yesterday. The answer is NO, her phone was NOT in DND mode. She never uses the Do Not Disturb feature.  Ringtone and vibration were ON.

Hello FuryCustomer,

Welcome to the community!

What phone does your wife use? Was it purchased from Fido?

Additionally, was she watching YouTube using data or Wifi?

If she was watching YouTube using LTE data and has a phone which is not capable of voLTE, her phone would have needed to switch networks (2G or '3G') in order to receive the calls. It's possible that streaming video overrides any network switches in order to maintain viewing quality.

That could explain why her phone was able to receive the call you made after the call was made from her phone. The phone had already switched networks and/or her streaming had stopped.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

furyCustomer

It is Samsung Galaxy S10, so it is VoLTE capable. It was purchased at Fido stand in Costco. She was using WiFi while staying at home. She uses data only when out of home because she has only 1Gb on her data plan.

Hey @furyCustomer Smiley

Thank you for providing that info!

Could you please try to recreate the situation by asking your wife to watch YouTube and place a call to her phone?

If the call doesn't go through, it would also be a good idea to verify the phone settings to make sure nothing is preventing calls to be received while using certain apps.

This should help us figure it out!

furyCustomer

ok, just done the test.

Her phone was ringing and she was able to see the caller name and call control buttons at the top of screen while watching video.

Hey @furyCustomer

Is everything resolved?

furyCustomer

I do not know if we can call it resolvet or not. So far I haven't seen the problem since that same day. Was it a temp glitch or something else - I do not know.

You can probably close this thread if you wish. I have no desire to waste my time on it too.
Thanks.