cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call forwarding on home phone doesn’t work

MagdaMontreal
I'm a participant level 3

I've had my home phone 3 weeks now and still unable to call forward. 

I was given wrong information multiple times. 

Finally confirmed it's *21*10digit number#

Doesn't work

Tech support made me try **21*10digit number#

Then they canceled my ticket saying there is nothing wrong!!! Argh I called back initiated new ticket. Still waiting. 

Anyone else unable to use call forward on home phone?

6 REPLIES 6

simo2
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I got my home phone from Fido in May and I am still not able to use call forwarding. This is my business

number and if I am not close to phone I am loosing a business. 

Talk 3 times to Fido technical support then they transferm me to Rogers technical support. Every time I spent aboutone hour

and 30 minutes in average trying all codes, removed baterry from the modem and nothing works. On the last time when I called 

them we tryed everything over again and nothing worked. On the end they sugest majbe my phone is not good and today I brought

new phone and try everything else again still doesn't work. Even they tryed to set up manualy call forwardin that does't work.

Very disapointed and I still loosing money because I can't receive sall when I am not close to phone.

Hi @simo2

Can you tell us more about the type of the problem you are having with the call forwarding?

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello MagdaMontreal,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you're having issues with call forwarding. I believe the first code is the correct one (see here and here).

To clarify, are you trying to forward to a Canadian? While the call forwarding code might also work for forwarding to American phone numbers (see here), I'm not sure whether forwarding to American phone numbers is included in the 2500 Call Forwarding minutes with the Home Phone (see Full Details, point 2). In addition, are you pressing Send or Call after the codes?

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

MagdaMontreal

Turns there was nothing wrong with either of my phones that I tried. I finally got connected to the 'real' techs and the did something at their end that fixed it.

However, this past week (October) my call forwarding stopped working for no apparent reason. I had NOT turned it off.

Thankfully I was able to turn it back on.

This is very concerning that it could turn itself off while I am away without warning and  leave high and dry with no recourse while I'm on the road.

NOT IMPRESSED 

Hey @MagdaMontreal,

I'm glad that this has since been resolved!

Though I'm sorry the experience to get there hasn't been the best. 

If ever you have any unresolved concerns, our care team is available!

MagdaMontreal

Thank you Cawtau. The number I want to forward to is a Canadian one. I've tried dialing it both ways as my Vtech phone doesn’t have send button. I enter everything and press call and it gives the same result as when I press call wait for dial tone and enter everything. 

So I'm at a loss and waiting for the techs to get back to me.