cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Forwarding with non-Fido phone

deepcman
I'm a participant level 3

Purchased a Samsung S24+ directly from Samsung  but call forwarding does not engage and I get a 'Failed to read data' message.

When I put the SIM back in my old S20 that I got from Fido, I have no problems and call forwarding works fine.  Does Fido need to reset my account?

7 REPLIES 7

deepcman

Resetting network didn't help. I think the problem is with APN setting. Time to call Fido tech support.

Hello Deepcman,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you've been having issues with call-forwarding. Unfortunately, I do not know of a solution to your issue.

@deepcman wrote:

... I think the problem is with APN setting....

You can verify the proper APN settings here.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Hi @deepcman , it should work. Did you call tech support to have your network reset or for assistance with troubleshooting your issue? You can call *611 from your device and request assistance from technical support. Or you can try reaching out to fidosolutions on Twitter or Facebook and request assistance through direct messaging. Hope that helps you out. Cheers 

deepcman

It should work but it doesn't and I know I can call tech support but I was hoping to get an answer here. Please feel free to comment if you can explain my technical issue.

Hi again @deepcman , did you try a network reset yourself on your device? You can find that under general management, reset, network reset

deepcman

Yes but I read it appears to be a bug in the One UI 6.1 update.

Can anyone running One UI 6.1 confirm they're able to activate call forwarding.

Hey @deepcman Smiley 

Feel free to contact our Tech Support team for further assistance, if this is still unresolved! 

They'll be happy to look into it with you.