Did you mean: 

CANADA WIDE WEEKDAY MINUTES

VIOLAPRABHU
I'm a participant level 2

HI THIS IS VIOLA, I HOLD A PLAN WHICH INCLUDES 

• 1 GB
  • Overage Rate : $5/100 MB
  • 500 CanadaWide Weekday Minutes (7am to 5pm)
  • Unlimited CanadaWide Evening and Weekend Minutes (Evenings from 5pm)
  • Unlimited Text, Picture and Video Messages from Canada to U.S. & Intl Mobile Numbers
  • 1000 International Long Distance Minutes to 8 Selected Countries info-tool-tip
  • Conference Calling
  • Call Waiting
  • Unlimited Circle Calling
  • Call Display
  • Voicemail

i am confused about the following:

NO 1.  IF I CALL A TOLL FREE NUMBER FROM 7AM TO 5PM DOES IT USE UP MY 500 CANADA WIDE WEEKDAY MINUTES. ?

NO2. IF I ALREADY HAVE A 1000 INTERNATIONAL LONG DISTANCE CALL OFFER INCLUDED AND SUPPOSEDLY I CALL FROM 7AM TO 5 PM TO AN INTERNATIONAL NUMBER DO THESE MINUTES THAT I SPOKE LINK TO THE 500 CANADA WIDE WEEKDAY MINUTES?  ALSO IF I CALL TO AN INTERNATIONAL NUMBER ON WEEKENDS AND EVENINGS DO THOSE MINUTES LINK TO THE UNLIMITED EVENING AND WEEKEND CANADA WIDE MINUTES? 

NO3. IF THE INTERNATIONAL MINUTES LINK TO THE 500 CANADA WIDE WEEKDAY MINUTES OR UNLIMITED CANADA  WIDE EVENINGS AND WEEKENDS , THE TERM CANADA WIDE MEANS ACROSS CANADA. IN SUCH AN INSTANCE, WHY IS AN INTERNATIONAL CALL OF 1000 MINUTES LINKED TO THE A CANADA  WIDE PLAN ?

I SPOKE TO TWO CUSTOMER CARE REPRESENTATIVES, WHO GAVE  EXPLANATION BUT NOT SO RIGID AS THEY HAD DIFFERENT ANSWERS. ONE SAID YES, ONE SAID NO. FIDO  NEEDS TO INFORM CUSTOMERS THOUROUGHLY REGARDING THE PLANS BOTH ONLINE, STORES OR PHONE CALL. OTHERWISE WE CUSTOMERS SUFFER PAYING HUGE AMOUNT OF BILLS WITHOUT KNOWING SOME BILLING FACTS. 

5 REPLIES 5

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @VIOLAPRABHU!

Welcome to the community :).

I'd like to turn your experience around by offering a detailed explanation, and let me know if you still have questions about your billing. I'd be happy to look into it.

Since you don't have unlimited calling, your airtime is currently covered by 3 different options :

• For calls made during weekdays between 7AM to 5PM, you'll be covered by 500 local minutes for the whole cycle. Once depleted, you'll be charged a Pay Per Use (PPU) rate. That being said, at evenings and weekends you're unlimited.
  • Long distance (LD) calls made within Canada to a Canadian number will be covered by your unlimited Canada-Wide calling. Though LD calls made during the day between 7AM and 5PM will still use up your 500 minutes, calls made after 5PM are unlimited. This option will only cover any LD charges within Canada, so if you deplete your 500 daily minutes and place a call during the day, you'll be charged a Pay Per Use (PPU) rate for local calls.
  • 1000 international LD minutes will cover any long distance charge related to calls made to one of the 8 countries covered by this option. Once again, this covers the international LD fees. Calls made during the day will still use up your 500 minutes, and calls made after 5PM will only use your 1000 minutes. If both airtime buckets are depleted, you'll be charged a PPU rate for local calls + PPU rate for international calls.

I'll elaborate a bit more while answering your questions :

1- When calling or receiving a call from a toll-free number, your airtime is being deducted, the same goes when placing calls to a toll-free number. You will not be charged a long distance rate (ex. if the toll-free number is routed to the USA) however airtime does apply. 

2- Calls made overseas using your 1000 international LD minutes, will use up your airtime of 500 minutes if you make a call during the day between 7AM and 5PM. Calls made during evenings and weekends will only use up your 1000 minutes.

3- The term Canada-Wide means that you're always covered for LD calls made within Canada.  As mentioned above, each option will cover a specific charge that's usually billed when making a call.  In your case, your usage will be split into local calls, LD calls, and international LD calls. You simply need to keep in mind that :

• You have 500 daily minutes, and you become unlimited after 5PM until 7AM.
  • You won't be billed for LD calls made in Canada. But you could be billed for local airtime if you've depleted your 500 minuted.
  • Calls covered by your 1000 minutes done during the day will also use your 500 minutes. Only by calling during evenings and weekends does it only use your 1000 minutes.

Using the Fido mobile app is usually a great way to keep track of your airtime or by dialing *3337 on your Fido device.

Hope this helps :).

VIOLAPRABHU

Thankyou very much for the detailed explanation. Appreciate that.I understood well .However I have another question ..when i call fido customer service for any support or enquiry do the minutes link to the 500 minutes daytime usage ?since fido customer service is a toll free number.

• Also another question.. if I missed receiving an incoming call where in i never picked the call does it count for a minute again from my usual 500 minutes ? 

Those are some good questions, VIOLAPRABHU!

When it comes to calling customer service from your Fido phone, there is no airtime deducted from your plan for the call. 

If you miss a call, there is no airtime deducted from your plan as you have not answered the call so you have not actually spent any time speaking to someone on your phone. If they leave you a voicemail message, and you call your voicemail during your weekdays however, airtime will be deducted from your plan for the time spent calling your voicemail. 

Hope this helps!

VIOLAPRABHU

that was very informative... if when i call someone and they dont receive my call but directs me to their voice mail. i beleive i get charged  for the time i spent in sending my voicemail to the receiver. hope i got it right.

That's 100% correct @VIOLAPRABHU!

Calls are billed from the moment you press the call button, to the moment the call is ended. If you leave  voicemail, it's using airtime as you haven't yet ended the call you made.

I hope that clears it up Smiley