cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brightstar is scam ,thats how they make money

gunpree
I'm a participant level 2

When you receive device after 20days and that that too whose battery life is already at 90% and the charger i got along can't be used because of Dollar store quality,can't even insert data cable as port inside is tilted ,the data cable too is of garbage quality.

One can't even use quality word for charger,when went to register complaint for same got this reply "that you are supposed to receive working same model,and charger and data cable isn't even meant to be send ,and hence not covered."

Thanks for sending accessory that will ruin phone ultimately.

5 REPLIES 5

gunpree

They said warranty only covers device not accessory even if its shipped with device.

It's possible that the accessories aren't covered by the basic warranty. As mentioned by FidoSaad, the coverage can be extended to accessories in some cases only.

gunpree

Spoke to them yesterday too ,still said accessory isn't covered ,and mobile if isn't malfunctioning can't do anything.And was told have 1 year warranty,if in future something happens can be done for free.I am preferring to discontinue the insurance,13bucks for another 1.5year and again for battery being replaced with low quality won't worth the time it will take for repair and money.

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

I'm sorry you feel this way @gunpree and thanks for the update.

To clarify, the Fido Device Protection will mainly cover your device. The coverage will be extended to accessories in some cases only. For example, if your claim affects both the phone and the accessory or if they provide you with a different model for the replacement.

You can read more about it here. You'll find the documents related to the policy applicable in your Province by scrolling to the bottom of the page.

With that said, and to better assist you, can you tell us a bit more about your claim? What was the request and what happened to your phone?

FidoValerie

Hi @gunpree Smiley

I'm sorry to learn that the charger you received wasn't working the way it should have!

That said, if the phone Brightstar has sent you is not useable, there is a 12-month warranty that covers it.

Have you already spoken to their customer service about this option?