cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blacklist an IMEI not a SIM card

theyan
I'm a participant level 2

HI, can I blacklist an IMEI (I've been with this device for two years with fido) for some stupid reasons I lost the device. SIM card is with me, so no need to block it.

If yes, how can I do this?

7 REPLIES 7

nvcamtor
I'm a participant level 1

I am facing the same issue. Customer support is not able to find the IMEI under my account as the phone was not purchased from Fido. I have the prppf of purchase (receipt) and a photo  of the phone case showing the IMEI numbers. Is there someone I can send this information to block this phone?

Hey @nvcamtor,

For support, please contact us directly on our support channels here.

One of our agents will be able to assist from there with your inquiry! 

riac

Wanna blacklist my phone not my sim 

Hey @riac! Welcome to the community. Smiley

You'll have to contact us to do that. You can do so here or we can sent you a PM from the community.

FidoCharles
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @theyan

Welcome to the Community!

To add an IMEI to the blacklist you'd have to contact us so we can assist you with that Smiley

We can also send you a PM on here if you prefer.

We never know though, you might find it back!

theyan

Thanks!

But what about if that phone was not from Fido, but was with Fido for 1 year.

Fido cupport tald me that they can't blacklist a device if it's not a Fido device.

But if you check https://www.devicecheck.ca you can find: "Anytime a GSM, HSPA or LTE wireless device is reported as lost or stolen to a participating Canadian wireless service provider, that device’s unique IMEI number is added to a shared national blacklist (the “Blacklist”). Any device appearing on the Blacklist is blocked, and participating Canadian wireless service providers do not allow it to be used on their respective wireless networks."

FidoMegan
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @theryan

We can blacklist a non-Fido phone as long as it's the last device used on the line. Since it's not a Fido phone, a proof of purchase may be required. 

Let me know what you'd like to do.