cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing Issue

Ps90
I'm a participant level 2

hi, fido added minutes without my permission so I'm very disappointed, if you can't solve it i will change my provider. 
thank you

6 REPLIES 6

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Ps90,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you've received unexpected charges on your bill. Have you had a chance to view the billing details? You can do so via My Account --> View & Manage bill (or Billing & Payments). From there, you should be able to Print or Save a PDF copy of your bill. You should also be able to view any additional charges under Other charges and credits.

You should note that if the additional charges are for extra usage (ie long-distance, excess data, etc), that usage would have been done using your SIM card. 

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Ps90

But i got measage that fido added 1000 minutes to your acoount, who said to add these minute? I didn't did anything with it, now who is responsible? It's not a solution to my problem. 

Hello again,

Thank you for the additional information. Have you had a chance to view your billing details? Fido does have a promotional offer of 1000 International minutes. However, that would not account for any additional charges. There usually isn't a charge for a promotion. Even if those 1000 International minutes are considered an add-on, it would not cost $50 for that add-on. I do not believe those charges are related to the 1000 International minute promotion.

If you were afforded that promotion, you should note that those 1000 International minutes are only to certain Countries. You can find the included Countries here. You should also note that they are only for the long-distance portion of calls. Any excess airtime usage would be charged appropriately. You should further note that the 1000 International minutes are a promotion and are not a part of your regular service plan. As with most promotions, they are often not available indefinitely and would have an expiry date. If the term of the promotion was not outlined when first offered, the end-date would be provided on your bill a few months prior to the actual termination of the promotion.

You might consider viewing your billing details to see the reason for those additional charges.

**edit** If you were provided that promotion and do not wish to avail of it, you might consider contacting customer service and they should be able to remove it. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

If you would like to discuss those additional charges, you would also need to contact customer service.**

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Ps90

No they added without my permission and 50$ added in my bill. I want you to wave that.

Ah, now I understand. A fido customer service rep would have to help you out on that one. You can reach them on Twitter, Facebook and Fido.CA on live chat. A moderator right here on the forum should be able to assist you also. I hope you get it resolved sooner than later. Cheers

Good morning Ps90, if I understand correctly,  you're on a prepaid plan? If minutes were added, do you have a credit card registered for automatic top up so that you don't have your minutes expire? If this is the case, you can turn off automatic top up and just remember to add minutes manually before they expire so you don't lose your carry over minutes. If I'm not on the right track,  could you please provide us with a bit more information so that we get a better understanding of what happened?

Cheers