cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being billed despite having cancelled within 2 days without usage.

newbie5
I'm a participant level 2

Hi all,

I recently signed on with Fido, then found a plan with a different carrier. I cancelled 2-3 days later, not having installed the sim card and not calling/texting/browsing under the number.

The store rep mentioned we would have to cancel through a call with customer service. After 30 mins, there was an issue, it took a while and he told me to come back the next day to resume cancelling. When I came back the next day he confirmed that it had been done and that there would be no charges. 

However, a week later, I received a $97 bill for activation + the plan in the mail. I was told that I would not be charged; I understand this was probably sent out the day of signing (or within a few days of that). I see that the plan has been cancelled on my online account, however the bill still remains (online). I am afraid I will be expected or pushed to pay for a service I did not use. I called Fido support and was reassured the same thing, but that I would have to wait for the next bill to come out before resolving the issue. I do not want to wait until it is too late to resolve this issue. 

What I would like done is to see zeroes or some indicator that the bill has been cancelled, which should occur following cancellation of the plan within 15 days. 

I wanted to see if anyone has been in a similar situation and if this is regular/irregular. 

Thanks for reading!

6 REPLIES 6

Reyann

Hello, I am also experiencing the same. I cancelled my sim card plan within the 15-day period and being charged by $130+ in my account which I set up as pre-auto debit before and said I  will be charged automatically. How many days did it take when they resolved yours?

Hello @Reyann,

As my colleague mentionned, you'd need to wait for your second and final bill for the charges/credit to be adjusted. You will be credited all the days your service was unsued for. However, mobile service plan fee will be applied on a prorated basis for the days your service remained actived within the 15 days period, until cancellation. 

The activation fee and the device charges will be waived in full. (if applicable)

Hope this clarifies!

Reyann

Thank you, Saira!

newbie5

Thank you for the clarification Valerie! Saves me from a bit of anxiety! 

You're welcome. Very_Happy

FidoValerie

Hey @newbie5 Very_Happy

I can understand your concern! 

The bill you received would indeed be the first invoice that was generated at the time of activation, as the service is always billed one month in advance.

You'll however receive adjustments on your next bill so that you only pay for the service for the few days the line was active. Smiley

If you do have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to contact customer service