cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bango charges

Aryce
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Bango charges me every month for $10 since October on my mobile number. Did not see any subscription nor aware of any app that's associated with it. This is unacceptable as I did not make any purchase nor activated any app and no history as well. Fido told me to call bango, emailed them and no reply. Why do you allow 3rd party billing w/o authorization from the owner? That's fraudulent!

4 REPLIES 4

leileizcl1980
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

I am facing the same problem. I received my bill yesterday with $94 third-party charges from Bango, I contacted Fido, but they don't want to take care of this fraud case. This obviously is their security leak issue. I think everyone who met this case should gather together to fight for our consumer rights.

I did research and found file a complaint via CCTS is an excellent way to solve this issue. Everyone, please file a complaint here: CCTS Questionnaire - Complaint Resolution Form (ccts-cprst.ca)

The expectation from us should be:

1. Fido should Refund us firstly as the Bill payment option provider.

2. Take necessary action to prevent their customers from fraud cases.

3. Communicate within the customer service team internally to make sure the correct message could be delivered to the customer about the right solution for this type of fraud case. Customers are suffering the pain of money lost, and Fido should jump out to solve the issue for the customer instead of asking customers to contact Bango.

dilusion
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1
Hello,

I have a charge on my cell phone bill from bango. but i have no association whatsoever with this company and have not made any purchases.

please see to it that this charge is immediately refunded, and that the account be locked in such a way that no future charges may ever occur. 

I have checked my google play account, and direct cell phone billing is not enabled!!!!

These charges should not have been possible.

Hey @dilusion Smiley

I'm sorry to hear about the surprise charges on your bill!

That said, as mentioned in the response by @FidoLony above, you'd need to contest this type of unauthorized charges with Bango directly, here

FidoLony

Hey @Aryce,

Welcome to the community! 

I'm sorry to learn about this incident.

Bango is a service that charges you to your invoice when you make in-app purchases, instead of paying right away with your credit card. This is why you see it on your Fido bill. It's important to note that only the user of the device can authorize these in-app purchases. 

Since the charges are from a third party, you can only contest them with Bango directly. You can visit https://bango.com/contact and they should get back to you and assist you with the unauthorized charges.