cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad cell reception in port coquitlam (BC) area

oblivion00
I'm a participant level 1

Hi, our cell phone reception in our area and also parts of coquitlam is just absolutely terrible. 

I have tried resetting the network on my phone, still the same issues.

It's a fido phone (iphone XR from 2 years ago). And what's weird is that when I am around this part of coquitlam where I used to live, I have ZERO reception. I was out trick or treating with the kids in that neighbourhood near our old house and I couldn't send any messages, make any calls due to no reception at all.

Everytime I pass by (driving), my call would drop.

When I am at home (in port coquitlam), often times I can barely hear the other person on the phone

What is going on here?

3 REPLIES 3

Teejp

Same experience for over 6 years now. The reception is at best 2 out of 4 bars but mostly hovers at 1 out of 4. I don't think it's an outage issue, as I've visited this issue a while back.

Like you, I resetted the network and my device (iphone 15). Wifi is strong on other non-Fido linked devices. Partner's device is on Bell and is working fine. I even recently experienced disconnection in Metrotown, Burnaby area, a very busy, non-mountainous area.

It's poor reception quality.

Hey @Teejp, Alex here! 

Sorry to hear you're having reception issues in this area. 

It's possible that there's an outage and we invite you to keep an eye on our website here as we always post about ongoing outages, but there could also be other factors at play. 

There are some basic troubleshooting steps that you can try on your end like resetting your device network settings, but ultimately you will want to get in touch with our technical support team so that they can investigate the issue. 

You'll just need to call our customer service and one of our reps will transfer you. 

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @oblivion00

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble to stay connected at our network in that area.

We're unaware of any outages affecting that location at the moment, however you can report this directly on your Fido mobile app.

To do so, simply follow these steps:

• Open My Account app & login
  • Select Support from the bottom navigation bar
  • Select NetworkAid. The main page of NetworkAid is the interactive coverage and status map
    • If GPS is enabled on the device, the map will automatically geolocate to customer’s location.

Alternatively, you can reach out to us at these channels so we can take a closer look at it

Hope this helps Smiley