Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backorder Information

ryanbrodie
I'm a participant level 2

Hello,

I ordered a Galaxy S20+ a week ago, and didn't receive any information about my device order until today, when I was notified that it was on back-order. There was no information provided about the status of the order, however, and it seemed to be intentionally vague on details.

Is there any actual information Fido is able to provide on the status of order fulfillment these days? Am I looking at a week? a month, 2 months?

This seems to be a common problem searching back through community posts. As someone who's been on BYOD and month-to-month forever, this was my first foray into committing to a carrier, and it's not been a good start. Any chance it improves, or have I lost all my leverage as a consumer?

Thanks

Hopeful, but not entirely optimistic.

17 REPLIES 17

nicoH
I'm a participant level 3

it s 2024 and I have the same issue with Fido, they sold us a Samsung S22, then said it s on back order, it s been more than a month and they keep saying (lying?) to wait 2 weeks each time I ask.

In the meantime, we pay for a higher plan...It sounds very much like a scam to make people upgrade a plan and not providing  a phone.

been with fido for 15 years and it s just geting worse and worse .

Hello @nicoH , sorry to hear that you are waiting so long for a device. Unfortunately the information you receive, is the information fido receives from the distribution center (samsung)  The fulfillment centre can only go by what the manufacturer is relaying to them on estimated delivery/shipping times. When the distribution information isn't accurate or the shipping date is missed, then the promised or estimated shipping date for you is missed. Fido is not lying to you nor scamming you. The device manufacturers are not always able to make their shipping commitment and it falls on the carrier to bear the disappointment of the client. As a former purchasing and warehouse manager for computer products, I shouldered a lot of wrath when my suppliers didn't ship on time. It works its way down to the unfortunate person on the customer service end. I'm sure the customer service representatives do not take any pleasure out of being the messenger of disappointment to the customer. I'm sorry for your frustration. 

nicoH

thank you, but I do not buy it , sorry. 

For 3 consecutives times, they told us to wait 2 weeks. If they dont know then , they should have the honesty to say it upfront . In my book they are making false promises. 

I understand the chain reaction and that supply chain are not perfect but the comunication and the marketing around it is wrong. 

Hello NicoH,

Welcome to the community!

I understand it might be frustrating not receiving a purchased device in short order. As you are aware, that device is backordered. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if that order will ever be fulfilled. As far as I am aware, Samsung discontinued the Galaxy S22 just over a year ago (see here). Any sales would have been for existing stock of that device. If there does not appear to be any remaining devices, I'm doubtful they will be able to obtain more of those devices.

I also understand you have been told to wait a few weeks every time you have contacted customer service. Customer service would not have any information regarding inventory stock timelines. Should they have told you they didn't know? Sure. However, with many in-production devices, inventory should be replenished in the time-frame mentioned. Unfortunately, in this case, I don't think anyone will be able to offer any timeline given the reduced availability of that device. If they can source those devices, they will be able to fulfill your order. However, since it is discontinued, I think the likelihood of them being able to source them is rather slim.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Summall

Hi, my phone was acting up so I ordered an iPhone 13 Pro in Dec 2022.  In order to get the hardware, I agreed with the agent to update my BYOP plan to a more expensive phone plan.  While I understand the requirement to update my plan, I am disappointed that I still have not received my phone after 4 weeks.  I discussed this matter with several Fido reps and they all mentioned that this phone is back order currently and could take 4+ weeks to arrive at the warehouse (i.e. Nobody can provide a reasonable estimate and 4+ weeks could mean 6 months or a year).  Can you please help since I am paying more for my phone plan but does not have a reliable phone to use.  Thanks.

Hi there @Summal and @LuisaLu, welcome to the Community!

We have moved your posts here since it shares the same topic. Look up for FidoClaudia's post as you will find how to get assistance with your situation.

Hope that helps.

Summall

I am at a loss to know what to do here. As I mentioned in my original post, I am now paying more for my monthly plan but does not have a reliable phone to use.  Also, no update has been provided for more than a month now.  This is quite disappointed.

LuisaLu
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Second this, I have been waited for over a month and I still haven't received any further updates on my order. Where is my phone? When I placed my order, the estimated delivery was as 2-5 business days

Sarah301

Will anyone at Fido tell me when I'll get my phone? I ordered new phones for my hubby and I and signed up for a new 2 year contract 2.5 weeks ago without as much as an acknowledgement email! I've called several times, many different answers with the most recent informing me my phones are on backorder and may take up to 4 weeks to come in. 4 weeks from when she's not sure - from order date? From date we were talking? From the first day man walks mars? The phones are in stock in a location 45 minutes and I'm not sure why I can't go and pick them up from the store without receiving a financial penalty. I'd just like some straight answers and our cell phones.:(

FRumi

On fido for about 7 yrs now  on byop... planned to get a zflip 3 256 gb agent told it will arrive in 3 to 5 business days.. I get an email that its backorder...

Ughhh not a good start.. please do something fido 

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @ryanbrodie,

We know how important it is to be able to receive your new phone as fast as possibly and we truly thank you for your feedback as we're always looking to improve our processes.

When a device is backordered, we can expect a delay of 1 to 2 weeks, depending on how fast we receive new stock. If the expected delay is to be longer than 2 weeks, we will call you to advise you and see if you want to continue waiting for your order or if you'd like to look at other device models. 

For more info on the status of your order or your available options, you can reach out to us on these channels so we can take a closer look.

I hope this helps a bit and we thank you for your patience on it. 

ryanbrodie

Hello,

Thanks for the reply @FidoClaudia .

If this wait is extended, am I charged for the device starting when it's shipped, or when it's ordered?

I am less concerned about getting my phone fast than I am about the expectation that was set up by the purchase procedure that implied getting a phone fast was a possibility. We live in a world of real time databases everywhere, and it seems a reasonable expectation not to be misled during online purchasing.

The online system touted an option of "two-day shipping". This is a clear bait-and-switch, as it didn't seem my order was even processed for a week. Further, while I understand fulfillment is likely done in a queue, it's not beyond reason to be able to keep tabs on that. If it looks like stock is low, you can indicate that, if you're out, you can indicate that. Hiding this information seems like an intentional obscuring of the situation to boost sales. It seems now that I'm committed, my leverage as a consumer is gone, which is unfortunate. I discovered this all afterward, searching the web for other's experiences with this same scenario.

In future if you are sincere in your wish to improve your procedures, beyond these likely technological solutions, which I don't see being implemented, simple messaging around your back-order process would be helpful. Even something along the lines of what you replied with here would have been helpful, and perhaps prevented me from appealing to this forum for assistance. The email I got was fairly kurt and unhelpful. 

I don't mean to put this on you personally, but a little empathy goes a long way with nameless, faceless corporations!

Cheers

Hey @ryanbrodie

We hear you and we can definitely go over the status of your order together. If the device is still back ordered, we can process it with the same model, but another color (if available). You can reach out to us at these channels to get started.

As a side note, you won't be billed the device's financement until we actually confirm the order and process it.

FRumi

How can I  change the color of my device while its backordered?? The agent says they don't have the option to change the color... I wanted a cream color instead of black color zflip 4 5g.. which is currently backorder .. and have asked me to wait for a week or 2

Hey @FRumi

Welcome to the Fido Community!

Thank you for your many years with us, we appreciate it. 😊

Some devices are very high in demand, but we're doing all we can to ship them as soon as possible. If you wish to exchange the color, please reach out to us through these channels and we'd be happy to help. 

r-kots

I am having the same problem with an iPhone 6.  Waited two weeks and was told the grey model was on indefient back order, but I could switch to rosegold.  Two weeks later I am calling back to find out the status of that order as I I have receveive any updates other than my order was placed and it should take 5 business days only to be told my order was canceled as the phone is no longer avaible.  I can however switch to a more expensive phone.

I was also told on Friday when I spoke to customer service, thave have no visabilty to inventory, but today i was told they do.

Been a Fido member for 4 years and things had been great, but suddlen it has come crashing down.

Hello @r-kots

I see why you would be concerned. On our end, we do want you to get your phone as soon as possible.

In a situation when the device is back ordered, we are always happy to go over your options with you to make sure you get a new device quickly.

We would like to see the details of this order with you. To get started, reach out to us and we'll take it form there!