cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there any perks for long time customers?

Leinad
I'm a participant level 2

I've been with Fido since 2006 and I am just curious about this. Are any perk or advantages given to long time customers or is that a thing of the past? I'm not aware of any. I just find it a bit weird because back in the earlier days of Fido I used to get messages or mail about offers or perks to our plans for long time customers and things like that but in the past few years, nothing. 

I even had a call from a Fido representative two weeks ago that offered me a "special" deal about keeping my old plan and upgrading my device, which ended up being the same option that was already available to me. I had him check the website himself that it was the same over the phone, he didn't sound too shocked... I then realized it was the same for even new customers. He then asked me why I haven't upgraded then. I told him well maybe I would if he had actually offered me a real deal considering I've been with them well over a decade now. To be honest this is kind of disrespectful.

The plan was for an upgrade to a Galaxy S10 and keep my current plan for 240$ at 76$ a month (8gb) . Which was the same when I logged into my account. Also which is actually more expensive in 2 years then if I just took the medium plan and paid 360$ (the plan available to everyone) at 70$ a month (9gb) that is available to everyone.

9 REPLIES 9

NatalieJohnston
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Incredibly dissapointed if Fido's support for existing members, New Customers are offered great deals where as I have been with Fido for 6 years and am paying 15 dollars more a month for the same plan. 

Hey @NatalieJohnston ,

Welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear that you're disappointed in the offers that you're receiving, especially when you've been with us for so long. We definitely have great options for everyone.

Please feel free to reach out over these methods shown here and we'll be happy to help. 

Esha1984
I'm a participant level 3

I feel the same way. My loyalty, also beyond a decade seems to not mean anything more than just being average " Joe",  like all other new customers.

Seems loyalty is something of the past...with Fido anyway 🤨

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @Leinad

I'm sorry to hear your most recent experience was not entirely satisfactory. We can assure you that as a Fido customer you would have access to multiple offers available for new or existing customers. To thank you for your loyalty, you would also have targeted offers specific for your line. Those can be combined in some cases when completing an upgrade and such, which could be something to look into in your case. For more info, we would suggest reaching out to review the offers with you.

Based on your current situation, switching to the Medium tab plan in Qc for $70 monthly is possible. Please note however that the $70 plan will only include 4 GB of data, and a 5 GB bonus for 24 months. Whereas, the plan provided by the agent will most likely include all 8 GB in the package. I'm assuming it's a targeted offer, which you can confirm on your end by logging in to Fido.ca.

As a side note, we often review our promotions. Since most of them are available for a limited time, you can keep an eye out by visiting our page here.

You can also contact us at these channels to review your options.

Hope this helps!

Esha1984

I do not agree that Fido honours long term customers at all..even though we have been the ones to keep Fido going for soo long! Fido used to care. Fido used to always take every call you made seriously! Not anymore! Fido doesn't honor you for your loyalty..even took away my old Fidodollars with no offer to apply them to anything before they expired! I think Fido is no longer the company I knew and was happy to be with anymore!

Hey @Esha1984

I'm sad to hear this is the impression you have of us. Rest assured that we care about all of our customers and we want you to be able to get the best possible deals.

While we do have promos for new customers, we still often have promos for everyone including long-time customers. We recommend to keep an eye out on our website and your Fido.ca account as well. 

As for the FidoDollars, we decided to replace them with instant perks such as Data Bytes, Data Overage Protection, Fido XTRA and Fido Roam. 

We made sure to let everyone know in advance so they could spend them if they wished to. 

If you wish to have a closer look into your account, feel free to reach out to a representative for further assistance here. Smiley 

jhamil37
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

as a long time customer, over 20 years I can't even get a plan as good as the offers to new customers. The advertised rates. The 20 gigs for $39. After $5 discount. On the website it said new activation or hardware upgrade . Just got a new phone but that plan wasn't availablle when I checked.

Hey @jhamil37,

Thank you for your loyalty! 20 years is a long time!

We have offers that are available for new customers, others that are available for existing customers, and others that are exclusive to specific accounts. What you see on fido.ca are the offers available for everyone with specific eligibility criteria depending on the offer.

Concerning the plan after your hardware upgrade, please reach out to us here so we can take a closer look. 

Leinad

Ok. The issue is resolved. Thank you.