cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else I can call or contact? (Fido took my money!)

Tri3
I'm a participant level 2

Summary: Fido took my money and there's no one at Fido willing to discuss it with me.

Hi I was hoping someone here can help.

I made a credit card payment to my Internet account the other day using Fido's website on my phone.

The website said Transaction Failed.
I figured maybe I mistyped a digit so I tried again. Again the website said transaction failed.

My payment was due so I tried with a different card. Again transaction failed.

So that's 3 transactions that failed.
I look into my payment history in my account and it doesn't show any of those failed transactions.

Fast-forward a few days and all 3 transactions are shown as posted on my credit cards.

I have called the banks and they have confirmed that Fido has my money (3 times my monthly bill)

The charges even has my account number as the merchant ("Fido Home *12345678")

I have asked the banks for (and received) the reference number and auth # for those 3 charges so that I can give them to Fido for them to look at, but no one at Fido wants to look at it.

Is there anyone at Fido I can speak to about this before I pursue something drastic like a chargeback dispute or a complaint to CCTS?

Summary: Fido took my money and there's no one at Fido willing to discuss it with me.

5 REPLIES 5

zena2937
I'm a contributor level 1

round $100 WITH PREPAID - NOW GONE, AS IT SEEMS MY AUTOREFILL $$ NEVER WAS DEPOSITED.

zena2937

Fido on your side - scammers! Give me back my $100!!!

Hey @zena2937

I see that you've been provided with the phone number to reach our Prepaid team, here
They're the ones who'll be able to help you with your account. 

I do hope this gets resolved to your satisfaction. Smiley

Tri3

Just wanted to add that I have chatted with several Fido reps already. All were very courteous and simply say that they see the same thing I do, which is no payments were made.  
There is an issue with my account that the reps I am allowed to chat with cannot see.  I would like for someone at Fido to look at the transaction numbers I have been given by the banks that shows the money has been sent to Fido.

Hey @Tri3 Smiley

I'm sorry to read about your experience with these payments, but we can definitely look into this on our side.

I'll send you a PM so we can investigate.

Talk soon!