cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Fido Ambassador will be reaching out soon

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,

I'm unsure what these forums are used for but I've read/seen some others experience a similar situation. I thought I'd post here to let the support team at Fido know as well and if it amounts to any sort of direction or help by any moderator/rep for others then it will not be a waste:

I was sent this email:

kaesp_0-1703174279280.png

I've contacted Fido this morning twice, once by phone and the other, online chat. Neither have any record of this email being sent to me and I was having some awkward conversations. As you can't necessarily provide any proof by forwarding emails to any support service through Fido, this is where I thought was the best option.

Similar to others, I switched providers during Black Friday and some random numbers from Rogers were calling me right after, but after answering, the calls would drop. I was only sent this email December 13 but I haven't received a call. I ask CS to make a note I'll be away from the 22nd for the holidays but ultimately, I think it seemed sort of awkward to ask them when there is absolutely no notes from their winback team on file about this email.

Additionally, my friend received this same exact notice and was never contacted either. Ultimately, I'm OK at this point not having any sort of offer because I'd like to avoid any awkward CS conversations in the future and it's uncomfortable talking with CS because I don't know - maybe they think I'm making it up because they don't see it?

So for anyone experiencing something similar to this - the reps told me a few different things to address this but ultimately there is no solution. First, to wait it out (the email that does not exist from their end, so there is nothing to wait for). Second, it is a phishing email although the email address is legitimate (please see below). Last, that the winback team does not email offers, only calls (This is entirely false, I've copied and pasted a previous winback offer sent from Fido last year).  For any Fido rep/moderator that might see this, I'm letting you know, again, I'm okay with not getting any call back offer but I feel like this situation made me have to go through some awkward conversations and I really sincerely wish I had just not followed up. I hope others can be helped though.

For further confirmation this email was not a phishing email and not some kind of spam, please see below:

kaesp_2-1703177241657.png

I did fill out a survey, which is why I think I was sent this but I filled it out as more of a sincere feedback for Fido, since during the Black Friday deals, as a past Fido user I wasn't able to get through. I was open to returning and my impression before was positive with CS but this situation has left me feeling confused and awkward.

Thank you and hope everyone has a wonderful holidays,

Past fido user

1 REPLY 1

FidoPhilippe

Hey @Anonymous! Welcome to the community. 🙂

Has there been any updates since your post? If not, you can certainly reach out to us via private message on our social media platforms. You'll be able to post screenshots of your proof there for reference.

I hope this helps!