Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd Line discount

ellapineda
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi! 

I used to get a second line discount on my account but since December when I upgraded my plans I no longer receive the discount. From my understanding when I switched my husband over I would be getting 10% off throughout the duration on having the line. Please help me out and clarify this issue. 

Thanks 

Elle

27 REPLIES 27

@DaveNepean,

I share in your disappointment, I've been with Fido 15yrs now and I currently have 5 lines with them guess how many have the 2nd line discount, zero!

The second line discount has become a bait and switch now, they tell you the discount stays as long as you keep the line but as soon as you switch the plan they take it away. I believe they even change the policy on the 2nd line discount now, it only lasts for 24 months and then it goes away. They do not tell you that when trying to sell you another line though.

Hey @KAPABLE-K!

We're so happy to have had you with us through the years and I would love to explain the promos in detail.

The older promo we had was 10% off for as long as you kept an eligible plan. That promo did expire and it will be removed if you switch to an ineligible plan or if the promo has been active on your line for more than 24 months.

Since October 2018 we have released a new version of that promo for new lines being added to existing accounts as we do understand it was a popular option for our customers. The new version of the promo allows you to get 10% off for 24 months. If the primary line gets cancelled, the discount is removed. Also, not all plans may be eligible so it's important to check with the agent changing your plan to know if the promo will stay with your new plan if you decide to change plan.

I hope this clarifies things Smiley 

@FidoNick it does clarify things, bait and switch.

chemistua
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

Was so sad when I learn that 10 % discount is no longer available.

That is ridiculous -, especially for loyal clients.

I'd rather keep my second line discount then change the plan (apparently, paying more after the change). So they wanted not to give a discount and I decided not to pay them more.

DaveNepean
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

@KAPABLE-K, I hope you are taking a hard look at the competition.  Fido is unfortunately gambling that switching to too much work and customers will stick around and tolerate the abuse.  

Hello @DaveNepean 

We appreciate your feedback concerning this particular promotion. I would like to see what was discussed with you for your Fido account.

I'm sending you a PM to get this looked into. Talk to you soon.  

FidoRachel
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @ellapineda, welcome to the community! 

We'd have to access your account to determine what happened, I'll send you a PM.

Don't hesitate to message us directly on Facebook or Twitter whenever you have specific questions related to your account.