cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

packet loss, strange firmware version

usernamechanged
I'm a contributor level 1

Experiencing packet loss up to 30% in online games. Logged into Hitron CGN3U modem, noticed the firmware is 4.5.8.38T2?? This firmware version is from like 2018?!? yet only recently pushed out, an even older version 4.5.8.37T12 was on the modem in April. Why not push out newer firmware?

Anyone else having packet loss on CGN3U with the 4.5.8.38T2 firmware?

3 REPLIES 3

FidoPierre
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @usernamechanged

The most recent updated firmware version has been pushed automatically to all of our modems. However, you can also sign up to firmware trials to test them before the official release. Let us know if this is something you'd be interested in and we can reach out to you in PM to add you to the list for the next trials.

If you're experiencing difficulties with your Fido Home Internet service, I would suggest reaching out to our Fido Home Internet Technical Support through live chat so they can take a closer look into this with you! 

usernamechanged

Thanks for the reply. After some more testing it would seem it was the game server's fault. Also yesterday morning 2am my modem suddenly went offline and remained offline for about 30min, logs show some kind of maintance after that it seems everything's better.

Thanks again appreciate the reply.

Thank you for letting us know! We'll be here if anything else.