cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

coda4582u random disconnects

mglen
I'm a contributor level 1

I signed up the $45 plan in September, got a cgn3u modem, internet connection was great.

A couple of weeks ago, used my wife's name, signed up the $37.5 plan, got a coda4582u. I put the modem in bridge mode, overall the internet connection is good, but I have this annoying problem, everyday I experience one internet disconnect, normally it lasts a couple of minutes, it may last around 5 minutes, then the connection comes back as normal, I do not need to reboot the modem, and I do not need to renew connection on my router. No events on the coda shows it reboots or anything else, and nothing shows in my router log.

To be more precise, during the short disconnect time, the connection is not completely gone, I may be able to load a page using a browser, then fails to load other pages.

Is this a common issue for coda3582u modem? The modem has firmware vesion 7.1.1.33.

30 REPLIES 30

mglen

quick update, since my upstream OFDMA was disabled, my connection was solid, no more random disconnects!

FidoJulien
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @SIPN

Tech support should be able to take a look into this with you! You can reach them at 1-888-259-3436.

FidoPierre
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @mglen

Did you get a chance to speak to our Fido Home Internet Technical Support team about this? 

In these kinds of situations, they may be able to provide you more information relating to the service. 

Hey @mglen & @SIPN

As much as we'd love to provide you with more help and guidance on the Community, your best bet for this type of situation would truly be to speak with our Home Internet Tech Support team.

Unless of course another Community member can provide some guidance. Smiley

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Thanks for the update @mglen

The first test is indeed faulty.

That being said, this falls outside our troubleshooting scope and we would advise you to contact our technical support team to share this new information. They are available 24/7 by phone or live chat Smiley

Can you please reach out to them with these results and let us know how it goes?

FidoPhilippe

Hey @mglen! Philippe here. Welcome to the community. Smiley

That's certainly unusual! I suggest you contact our technical support line, preferably when the problem occurs, so they can run some tests. You can reach out to them here.

I hope that helps!

mglen

Called tech support, he ran some tests, then said everything is fine on his side, it must be my router is incompatible with the modem..

Seriously, is that what Fido can do?

Meanwhile, the random disconnect continues, got twice today, each lasted about 5 minutes.

SIPN

I have exactly same random disconnect issues, probably never noticed that until the pandemic that I sit there to use it the whole day now. The drops are totally unpredictable of when it will happen. It had happened twice a day or once every other day. I cannot even confidently use it for my work/school Zoom calls anymore. I cannot afford to have more dropped calls in the middle of these real-time meetings. I have been contacting Fido technical support (level 1 & 2) - no help there at all. It basically comes down to my understanding of whether you "accept" these random disconnects as part of nature of this type of internet connection. I ended up getting a backup DSL line to put my critical real-time traffic on it (which has been solid by the way), and keep my "toy" grade & entertainment traffic remain on the Fido cable internet. It's not fair that Fido/Rogers doesn't do more to troubleshoot these random drops - they did make lots of effort asking me to remove/check my router. Duh..of course I have already tried plugging in directly to the modem as tests and guess what drops continue to happen.

SIPN

I have noticed for the last few days, my DOCSIS event log is empty - which is impossible as it had few critical messages a day before, and I haven't seen any random 20 secs disconnects in that last few days.....

I am hoping this is a good thing (touch wood) and it stays that way. So what did Fido/Rogers do to "fix" this??

After all the calls I placed to their technical support and were denied of any issues on their side & always pointing finger back at my way. There has been Zero changes on my side (and I only use wired LAN, no WiFi interference). I want to know if this is just a fluke or some positive changes had taken place. I am keeping closed eyes on this now.

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @SIPN,

We're happy to learn there may have been a resolution for your situation. To have more details on the troubleshooting that might've been done on our side for your account, you can reach back out to our Technical Support to have it looked into.