cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spotty Internet in Scarborough

setogaston
I'm a participant level 3

Hi, my internet has had rolling outages this whole week, multiple hours a day. I'm currently having an outage right now (going on an hour). This is unacceptable as I'm (like many others) working from home.

5 REPLIES 5

FidoValerie

Hey @setogaston Smiley

Sorry to hear that you've been experiencing these issues! 

I totally understand that having access to a reliable Home Internet connection is very important, especially these days.

Have you already discussed this with our Tech Support team?
They are available 24/7 to assist over the phone and via Live Chat.

Hi there!

When you called 1-888-236-FIDO (3436), can you tell us if you were able to put in your Internet account number? There should be an option for you to reach our tech support team for your Internet service which is 24/7 unlike our other departments.

Alternately, have you tried the Live Chat?

Keep us posted!

setogaston

Yes, I was able to put in my Internet account number.

What's the point in asking these questions? By the time you got back to me my Internet service was restored. I'm now on the border of my data limit.

And your Live Chat was already closed when t his outage occured.

Hey @setogaston,

While we do have a customer service chat line that has hours of operations, our internet tech support team can be reached via live chat 24/7. I'm sorry to learn that you've had difficulties trying to reach them.

When you star a chat session, did you click on the CHAT NOW button under the Internet Technical Support here?

If so, be sure to select home internet account when it gives you the option to ensure that you won't be sent to our regular customer service line, which is not 24/7. 

I understand spotty internet is never fun to deal with, and I do hope that you can get in touch with our tech team to get this sorted out!

setogaston

Really? Because when I called I was redirected back to the site over and over; when I finally reached a line that connected to a representative I was given a message saying the office was closed.

As of right now I've used 5GB of my own data tethering my phone because of your spotty internet.