So called fast internet

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1
I'm a Participant Level 1

So called fast internet

Hello,

Tonight I had three different conversations with three different tech agents from Fido. I tried to explain that my recent purchase, 150 mpbs download speed internet,  doesn't work well.  I have black modem. And it doesn't delivery more than 80 mbps speed. Before I had home internet again from Fido with 70 mbps download speed and I had white modem, CODA. It was perfect. When I purchased new internet from Fido I gave my white modem back. I didn't know that this is the better one. So unfortunate situation is that I supposed to have high speed internet but I can't use it because of the black modem. I have spoken with tech agent and she said if I can find white modem I can change it for free. Please, anybody can help me to find CODA modem?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 2
Highlighted

Re: So called fast internet

Hey @MihribanMK Smiley 

We're sad to learn about your slow speed with our home internet services. That said, If you're looking to get the modem exchanged, it can only be done with the approval of our tech support. I understand you've spoken to them, however did they mention if they can send out a new modem?

That said, the model of model should have no impact on your speeds. You may need a replacement or a tech may need to come and check things out. If you consistently continue to receive speeds slower than what's part of your plan then please contact our tech support again at 1-888-259-3436 so that they can troubleshoot further, they'll work towards finding a solution for you as the modem model would not be the cause of this.

I hope that helps!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 2