cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random past due balance on my Fido Internet Account

Alan2021
I'm a contributor level 1

So I got the standard "your payment is due" email and I logged into my account to pay and for some reason there is a message that says "You have a past due balance that is subject to daily interest charges." even though I pay in full as soon as I get the email notification (well in advance of when it's due).  I paid the monthly amount due in full as I do every month and my balance shows as $0.00 (payment isn't due until December 12th or something like that) but underneath my current balance of $0.00, there is a message that says "Past due $4.52 of total balance.  Payment not required" and this mysterious past due balance does not show up on any of my invoices.

22 REPLIES 22

vcjsdgv
I'm a participant level 1

vcjsdgv_0-1641251424376.png

Hello I m having the same issue, it says i have past due 9.04 of total balance, however my balance shows 0,  how am i gonna pay this past due amount  need help 

Hello @vcjsdgv,

Welcome to the community!

If your account balance is $0, you can disregard the $9.04 past due balance. 

Vinn
I'm a participant level 2

Hi Alan, 

My account is also showing "Past due $113.00 of total balance". I haven't missed a payment. This is showing up when I login from the browser. The total due is only showing my usual bill. I am not sure where this $113 is coming from. Please help. Thank you.

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Vinn, @Alan2021,

Please refer to the solution on this thread for more information. 

We're still working on a resolution as fast as we can, we appreciate your patience while we sort this out Smiley

Alan2021

Sorry Vinn. I don't work for Fido. I just have the same problem you do and was asking them to fix it. 

Sas27

Same here. I've paid every bill on time and my bills show that there is no carry-forward amount, but I'm get a warning message that my account is past due for some random amount. C'mon you guys. Fix this issue already. 

Hey @Sas27,

Thank you for reporting this to us, we appreciate it. Rest assured, we're working on this to get it resolved ASAP!

That said, you can reach out to us through these channels and we can flag it to our technical support team internally.

Randowow

Hello, 

I am also seeing the message "You have a past due balance that is subject to daily interest ccharges" however it's showing my total balance owing is $0. Can anyone advise if/when this will be fixed? Will I actually owe anything?

Hey @Dinel and @Randowow,

We apologize for this inconvenience. We are aware of this, and we can assure you that our support groups are working on the resolution.

To clarify though, this is a display discrepancy only. If your total due amount is $0, there's no past due balance and you can ignore the message.

Cheers!

Mark123456

As attached, somehow I got a $67.8 of past due balance, even though I have paid every bill on time. 

So I suppose I somehow missed a month of payment, and therefore I paid double this month, but the past due balance simply won't go away.

How do I get rid of it?

Thank you so much for your help.

Mark123456_1-1638878766347.png

Hey @Mark123456

I've moved your post here, you'll be able to find information about this in the solution of this thread. 

Dinel

I called Fido in October regarding this random message saying I have a past due amount to pay and they said they have a technical issue they are trying to fix. However, after one month (Nov 27 today) , nothing has been done. I still see the message and my payment history does not include the payments I made after June 2021. I am concerned, as Fido never acknowledged in an email that they have a problem. I will call Fido and request something in writing from them to demonstrate I did my due dilligence in dealing with this. I am upset they never emailed the customers to apologize for this issue. It has taken a long time and the message is still there.

Alan2021

My account balance is $0.00 but your system is still saying that I have money due to you that is subject to daily interest charges.

Alan2021_0-1637776619139.png

A1105

Hi Alan, 

I am also experiencing a similar situation where amount due (balance) shows as $0.00. However,  it still says that there is an amount past due.  No amount is mentioned.  The weird thing is that my payment history shows only as far as May 2021 and I have payment confirmation for each period till date. Something doesn't sit right. 

Alan2021

Alan2021_0-1637525464351.png

It's in smaller font right underneath account balance.

Hello @A1105 and @Alan2021,

Welcome to the Community!

We're aware that the app isn't showing the correct amount due. Our technicians are looking into it and working on a fix.

If you need help with your account you're welcome to contact us over these methods and we'll be happy to help. 

Jackiegreen

I have the same issue. On Wednesday November 24, 2021, your system is still saying that I have money due to you that is subject to daily interest charges.

Hey @Jackiegreen,

We're working on getting it fixed as fast as we can. Thanks a lot for your patience!

Alex-O

> We're working on getting it fixed as fast as we can. Thanks a lot for your patience!

It's been a month.  Any news?

Hey @Alex-O! Philippe here. Happy new year. Smiley

This is still ongoing and I sincerely apologise for that! We'll update this thread as soon as this gets resolved.

Thank you all for your patience!