Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please cancel my home internet asap . account# 2-****-5440

NiloofarVejdani
I'm a participant level 1

Hi

I would like to cancel my home internet asap.

I have a serious complaint from Fido. when you want to buy a product they immediately answer, but when you would like to cancel a service you should wait and hold in line for a long time with no answer.

I don't like to call your call center again to hold on to the line.

please cancel my home internet in the next billing cycle I don't like to pay extra when I don't need it.

Also, the chat service for home internet cancellation doesn't work.(see attached Message)

NiloofarVejdani_0-1673413006920.png

4 REPLIES 4

rwkhui

fido's live chat is down for me too

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello NiloofarVejdani,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you are wishing to cancel your Internet services. However, you should note this forum is community-driven and not intend as a venue for customer services. We would not have access to your account. If you would like to cancel your services, you would need to contact customer service . I understand you have already attempted LiveChat. In addition, they can also be contacted via Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above. 

It has been suggested you contact the CCTS. While reaching out to them has always been an option if you are unable to resove an issue with the provider (see here), you must allow your provider a reasonable opportunity to resolve your complaint before contacting them (see here).

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

BobC83
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

To build on this answer (and thank you, Cawtau, for citing the law), a "reasonable opportunity" does not imply an "exhaustive opportunity." Yes, if Fido says they'll call you back to resolve the matter in a couple days, you should allow them that time and then place another call if they don't. You should also follow the escalation procedure to which Cawtau linked. That is a reasonable expectation before involving the feds.

However, if Fido is stalling or otherwise treating you in a way where an average person would fairly conclude that they're acting in poor faith, then you need not exhaust your options with Fido before escalating to the CCTS.

BobC83
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

Unfortunately, you won't be able to get help here because this is a "community" (in the same way that Fido is "at your side") and not a customer service portal.

If you've made multiple attempts to contact Fido and you can't get through, I suggest asking the CRTC to contact Fido, and I think you'll be surprised at how quickly Fido answers https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/for-consumers/