cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If you are deaf, do NOT get Fido

AmyS1
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

I do not usually do stuff like this but just a heads up for people who may be hearing impaired (deaf, hard of hearing etc).

They have very poor customer service for people who are deaf.

I received the modem on Thursday, set up was very easy and I was able to connect to all of my devices. I was suprised but pleased. But then, I started having issues. The modem would keep cutting out constantly. I have tried few different ways to reset it and none of it worked (two were at the suggestion of a Fido representative).

When it first started, i asked for help via FB messenger and they said they cannot help me with tech problems so here is the link to the chat line. I go to that chat line and explained. They said i need to call tech support. I explained I am deaf and its difficult to use the phone. They asked if anyone lives with me could call. I said no, I live alone. So they transferred me to someone else. THERE IS NO CHAT LINE FOR TECH SUPPORT.

I had to explain all over again and she said sorry, nothing I can do. So i had to log off. I went back to FB msger and explained that there has to be someone I can chat with due to my deafness. He gave me another link and said its for special services. I went to that chat line and same response - sorry, you need to call tech support. There is no chat line.

So literally 3 hrs later, I finally lost it on another representative via chat line and he was by far the best, he actually tried contacting Rogers rep but the Rogers guy took too long to respond and it was hard having 3 parties involved. So he asked me again if there was anyone who could come over. Long long story cut short - gave my parents contact info. They live in a diff city.

My mom called on friday and txtd me questions from the tech while on the phone with him. He booked an apt for tue but said a tech should come earlier, either sat or sun. Well since I am deaf, I need to know the apt time frame so I can ensure I am in the front of my condo so I can hear the buzzer. He said he will call. He didnt call and They didnt come on sat or sun. Monday is the august long wknd holiday so i assumed since we never heard from them, they will come tmrw (tue) for the confirmed apt. Well guess what? They did NOT call AND they dropped by at 11 on monday (holiday and a day earlier)when i was doing laundry so I didnt hear the buzzer AND since I didnt respond, they cancelled my CONFIRMED apt for tomorrow even though THEY showed up EARLY with NO CALL!!

So my mom received a msg that someone dropped by with no answer so the apt for tmrw is cancelled. So she calls back and explained everything and it is possible the tech may not come by till Friday!

This is the kind of customer service deaf people get - just a heads up!!! So you may want to seriously reconsider signing up with Fido internet because there is no chat line for tech support and they appear to be inconsiderate of the deaf people's needs.

***Edited to add Labels***

5 REPLIES 5

FidoTerry
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Welcome to the community @AmyS1! Smiley

Sorry to hear you we're having issues getting a technical support team. You don't need to call in as we have a 24/7 technical support team by chat for that. We provide different means of contact so our customers can contact us in their preferred manner. 

Did you use the following link here ?

If the agent says to call in, please insist to have you transferred so they can assist you. If you're still having trouble after that, please let us know so we can send you a PM and check out what happened.

Canadianbania
I'm a contributor level 1

The fido chat support is not 24/7. I tried to contact support just now and was given business hours as follows:

Fido Live Chat is currently unavailable.

Our business hours are:
Weekdays 8 a.m. to midnight
Weekends 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
(Eastern Time)

For support, please contact us.

Clicking on contact us takes us back to the support page. Its a never ending loop.

CB

Hey @Canadianbania!

Did you visit this page? At the bottom right you'll see the link for the chat support for internet. It's available 24/7.

Canadianbania

@FidoManuel wrote:

Hey @Canadianbania!

Did you visit this page? At the bottom right you'll see the link for the chat support for internet. It's available 24/7.

Yes. I confirmed with chat support after 9.00 am. The chat support for internet is not active at all and all traffic is directed to mobile chat support agent. 

CB

Thanks for the information!
I'll have to look into that, seems odd!