Anyone else sign up for the failed student promo internet plan?
As I've been told by Fido, since the 21st (last week) Fido has been having "provisional issues" in regards to this plan.
I've been without internet for 4 days now (not just myself but 4 other family members) and no one from Fido can give me an approximate estimate on when this issue is going to be resolved.
FYI, I was told 48hr at the longest for the service to be active on the 22nd (when I activated the line), because my address was "hot".
It's just mind blowing how Fido would start offering services that they can't even fully support.
I switched over since I expected better stability from Fido (It's owned by Rogers, using Rogers lines, and I expected the support and system to be better integrated).
Boy was I wrong.
The service until now is worse than those 3rd party companies that lease rogers or bell lines.
Please at least provide an estimate time for the resolution, so if it takes too long, I can at least cancel and switch over to a more competent internet provider.
**edited to add label
Solved! Go to Solution.
Welcome to the community @Am50!
I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with our internet services. There's currently a known issue with the new Fido Internet 60Mbps and unlimited usage plan for 60$. We're working with our I.T. team to get this fixed as soon as possible. We will update this thread since it's resolved.
Same as my situation. It's not just the 60mbps unlimited plan, I'm still waiting on my basic $50 plan with 30mbps and 300gb usage to be activated. It'd been one week.
When I called a week ago the Fido rep promised me that it'd take max 24 to 48 hours, and that she'd call me within the timeframe to discuss about changing prorate charges. Did I expect the call? No. Did she actually call me and kept the promise? Hell No.
After not hearing a thing back from Fido I decided to call again, the agent on the phone told me my account is pending to be activated, and that he doesn't know the reason or can't see beyond this information. He said it usually takes five days (they said max 48 hours now five days? HA!) but he cannot guarantee. The only option for me was to wait and wait and wait until at some point BOOM! it's activated.
I am giving them one more day and if they do not have this resolved I'm moving to another company. No more of waiting.