cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido internet charges

JaneM1
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

I signed up for Fido home internet services back in March. I was confused with the set up / installation process and got fed up so I never set up my modem. 

I’ve now been told I owe Fido $339 for internet that I haven’t been using or have ever set up

the modem is still brand new, never used

I haven’t received any service

so I’m just curious to know what exactly I’m being charged for? This doesn’t make any sense and I’m extremely upset with the lack of service and explanation I received over the phone.

1 REPLY 1

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @JanetM1,

I'm sad to learn that your experience on the phone wasn't a great one and that you had trouble with the installation of your modem. I really get how those charges can be surprising and we're happy to try and shed some light on what could've happened. 

If you signed up for our service and picked up a modem, your Internet account would've been activated at the same time and the monthly fee for the service would've started right away as well. You would've been charged monthly for the plan fee and the modem rental fee going forward.

If you change your mind and decide not to use the service, it's important to let us know, otherwise charges will continue from the moment the account is set up. Since the modem is a rental, you would also need to return it back to us, otherwise a fee of $249.95 + tax for unreturned equipment will apply. 

Hope this helps clarify a bit.

I'll send you a PM here on the community to look closer into this with you. Talk to you soon!