cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIDO SOLUTIONS

shabnam_hasani
I'm a participant level 3

Does anybody have any idea why on earth Fido did a hard credit check while there was still one month left from my previous year's plan? Oh my god! just sorry to be your customer, that's all.

6 REPLIES 6

king12345
I'm a contributor level 2
I'm a contributor level 2

looks like many customers are facing this issue recently..
@shabnam_hasani same happend with me, there are many more customer like us. its totally unacceptable. I am going to raise a complaint with ctcs for this. I have opened a topic for same here - 

https://forums.fido.ca/t5/General-Support/Fido-made-hard-credit-enquiry-without-consent/td-p/194451

few other threads for the same issue.
https://forums.fido.ca/t5/General-Support/Random-Credit-Inquiry/m-p/194520

https://forums.fido.ca/t5/General-Support/Credit-Inquiry-without-my-consent/m-p/194544

I think there is some system issue at fido side and issue is much bigger but only very few customers have reported because most people doesn't track their credit score on regular basis.

People on this community can't help on this, they just ask to contact customer care which you have done already i hope. talking about customer agents, it takes hard time to make them understand what the issue is.  I would suggest you to ask customer agent to speak withcredit operations team, they know it better and then ask them to raise enquiry request for hard enquiry.  They will take 3 days. if you are lucky your issue may be resolved although i am chasing them since last 7 days and no help so far. fido credit operations closed/rejected my 2 requests without any reason. but i think now many agents are well aware of this issue. 

shabnam_hasani

Thank you, I wasn't aware of that. I was busy with another problem FIDO caused us with our home internet ( the account is for my roommate). I'm devastated by the number of hours I wait each time in the queue and whenever I reach somebody they easily transfer you to another one without even hearing what the problem is completely or trying the least to solve it. At last, I went to the store 3 times! and finally they solved the issue Smiley My only regret is I had referred FIDO to my roommate in the first place. 

shabnam_hasani

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, this is a hard credit check. No, I'm not a new client, I did not add new services! I did not upgrade my phone! I just called and asked for the service you have! on that day!!! your colleagues should ask us when running the credit check I did never give consent to this! I might not want to continue with Fido when my service ends! 

I'm just like Oh my God Fido has surprises for me every single day!

Hey there @shabnam_hasani,

Have you got the chance to reach out to our credit operations team to inquire about what happened?

shabnam_hasani

No, waste my time for what? Like they can undo this?? 

I went to the store and talked with the agents there and they agreed that you need to ask customers for permission when you run a credit check!

While all I did was to ask for the plans you have and never ever gave consent to a credit check.

Also, what I learned these days talking with many FIDO agents is that there is huge mismatching information when I talk with your colleagues in thestore and when I reach some agents with the askjack ... 

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @shabnam_hasani

Credit checks are usually done when activating a new account, adding a new service or upgrading your phone. That said, if you're already a Fido customer, this will be a soft check. In other words, we would only run a hard check for new customers

I apologize if we somehow ran a hard check on your account, and I can assure you that this should not happen. Please contact our credit operations team so they can take a closer look at the situation.

You can reach them by dialing *732 directly from your mobile or 1-888-288-2106 from any phone. You can also reach them through live chat.