I have 2 account with fido, one is wireless and other is home internet. wireless is 4 year old and home internet is more then a year. couple of days back i found that fido made a hard credit enquiry which resulted drop in credit score. I have been following up with fido on chat and call but nothing i am getting back, thet are like we are checking, investigating etc etc. My concerns are -
1. Can fido make hard credit enquiry without my consent, If no then what i can do going further?
2. In last 1 year i haven't spoken/chat/website/connected to fido by any of ways, but almost same time, I got an email for new home internet order and interestingly account number is same as current home internet account. I checked with customer agent on chat he wasn't clear on this but he suspected that backend team created this order. Can fido back end team create new order without my consent?
3. Fido customer service is not really helping, every customer agent is providing its own choice of resolution timeframe, like 15 days, 72 hours 30 days. Can some one help me to undestand what is going on here?
I tried but no help, and kind of frustrated with fido Chat and call it takes around 2-3 hours to talk someone and no results at the end.
So when I talked to fido on 19th Sept, Fido's credit operation raised a request to investigate and revert hard request to credit burea but back office rejected this request for no reason on 22nd Sept. whereas I can see in transuinion report that they made hard enquiry, it's clearly stated with date and fido on it.
I am thinking this is ethically not right that they made hard enquiry without my consent. I want to escalate it, it's totally unacceptable.. unfortunately fido doesn't have any escalation procedure. Can you help or advise what I can do in this case?
I don't think fido really care about live chat or phone talk.. I think I have found the solution which is make a complaint against fido to ccts.
and twitter of course.
Once I will be done with this credit check issue then I will start a complaint specially against fido Chat agents..
I have given up already with fido agents, customer care, credit operations and fraud team. I found them useless and waste of time. I have wasted around 40-50 hours already on them in last couple of weeks.
I have raised complaint to CCTS, just waiting for it to conclude, if that works then it's great and if doesn't then can't do anything.. but in both cases my first step is port my wireless and home internet services to other provider and I will make sure that no one in my family will have any business with Fido.
also I am working on filing proper complaint against Fido's customer service team if that is up to mark or not ... I am just waiting for CTCS to conclude the case.
I am having the same issue with Fido! They put a hard inquiry on my account on August 27 without my consent. They kept telling me it was an internal issue, and that they will solve it in 30 days! Five months has passed, and the problem has not solved. Please let me know if you could solve the issue
I'm sorry to hear that.
You would have to talk to our Credit Operations Team.
You can contact them by:
• dialing *732
• or calling them at 1-888-288-2106
• by clicking this link for Live Chat: :
Their Hours of Operations are:
• Monday to Friday: 7:00 a.m. – midnight (ET)
• Saturday: 7:30 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. (ET)
• Sunday: Closed