cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Inquiry without my consent

Kaanoruc
I'm a participant level 2

I was in Turkey visiting my family, I wasn't even using my phone and suddenly I received a notification that said: "A New Inquiry Was Added to Your Credit Report" I looked up. It was Fido, without my permission how could a phone service company check my credit score? I am furious and very disappointed, when I asked why that happened to a live chat employee, they only shared a link to me for disputing an Equifax credit report. They don't even try to help me and I've been Fido since the day I came to Canada. As soon as I resolve this issue I will close up my phone plan and definitely change to a different provider, this is unacceptable. 

6 REPLIES 6

king12345
I'm a contributor level 2

Yeah, two month ago they said that it was an agent error and will not happen again.. but if happened with you this month that means we should port to better telecom provider I think bell or virgin will be better option

I The only solution is to complaint to CCTS. I tried days with fido credit operations team, all the time they said that request has been sent to credit bureau to revert inquiry but when I talked to fido president team, I found that no one actually did anything, all of them were giving me false information.

after ccts they actually sent the request to credit bureau but still credit bureau hasn't reverted inquiry, they gonna take around 30 days. 
Best of luck, you will have to waste around 100s hours with fido agents and you will be lucky if you get fixed everything in next 2-3 months.

if you find any better solution please let me know as well.. 

Hey there @king12345

Sorry to hear about your recent experience. To better assist you, the solution on this thread would give a quick overview of our credit evaluation process and how you can get assistance with any credit inquiries.

Hope this helps! Smiley

king12345

@Kaanoruc same happend with me, there are many more customer like us. its totally unacceptable. I am going to raise a complaint with ctcs for this. I have opened a topic for same here - 

https://forums.fido.ca/t5/General-Support/Fido-made-hard-credit-enquiry-without-consent/td-p/194451

there is another thread for same reason - 
https://forums.fido.ca/t5/General-Support/Random-Credit-Inquiry/m-p/194520

and people on this community can't help on this, they just ask to contact customer care which you have done already i hope. I would suggest you contact customer and then speak to credit operations team and then ask them to raise enquiry request for hard enquiry. they will take 3 days. if you are lucky your issue may be resolved although i am chaing them since last 7 days and no help so far but i think now many agents are well aware of this issue. looks like there was some system issue at fido side which resulted all this.

FidoStephane

Hi there @Kaanoruc 

That doesn't sound right, 

Please reach out to us on these channels so we can look into this with you!

Kaanoruc

No one has helped me so far!
Your customer service is lying to me by saying Fido didn't make a hard inquiry but I can see the details on TransUnion with the date and name of Fido!

This is totally unacceptable and a huge disappointment from Fido, I will close up my phone financing and immediately move to another service provider. 

king12345

Yes one customer agent told me that I am faking and lying and this is not possible.

one agent told me that provide a proof of enquiry then I said I have transuinion report with fido on enquiry but there is no way I can send evidences.
one agent I remember his name, he is worst among everyone he doesn't know what is Credit bureau, what is transuinion and what is hard enquiry. I wasted 1 hour to make him understand all time he was telling to check with credit bureau and we have nothing to do hard enquiry because there is no such credit enquiry thing exist in this world.

fido customer service is worst among all telecom providers. 

I am also going to terminate the services with fido..