cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change WAN IP/public ip

PyLee
I'm a participant level 1

Does anyone know if there is a way to change my public IP other than changing my modem ?

The Hitron CGN3U fido advanced wifi modem doesn't have a MAC cloning, so I need a way, any way that could possibly work.

Also for this modem does rebooting my modem a hundred times works?

3 REPLIES 3

Seyedhash

I have been trying this method as it was advised by the technical support team of Fido. But the result is unfortunately not successful.

Fido must be able reslove this problem on their end  by reducing the lease time of the DHCP server that is responsible for distribution of IP addresses.

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @PyLee!

Welcome to the Community Smiley

A dynamic IP address is what we offer with our Fido Home Internet. We provide customers with a random IP address when their modem/gateway connects to the network. This may be the same IP address they had before or a different one if the previous IP address is currently not available for use.

If you're looking to have a new IP address assigned, a workaround would be to unplug your modem for a few minutes and plug it back again to get a new IP assigned. Alternatively, if you're looking for a new IP address each time you use the internet, you can unplug your modem after each use and plug it back in when you need it. However, that is not the most convenient solution.

Perhaps someone else from the Community might have better insight on your request.

Hope this helps!

Barrlacey

Are you serious. To change my IP all I need to do is unplug my modem and plug it back in? Does this works on twitter app. They suspended my account. With changing IP circumcision around their suspensions identifying software? Anyone knows?