Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$250 for not returning the modem

tben_94
I'm a participant level 2

hi there,

i called up fido representative in september to cancel my home internet. they cancelled it on the 30th of september, but i was not informed that i need to return the modem within 5 days of cancellation. now today i went to fido store regarding returning the modem, now they are asking me to pay $250 because i did not returned it with in 5 days. I just can't afford it and i was not informed upon cancellation. PLEASE i need help.

Thank You.

16 REPLIES 16

Harshvirsingh
I'm a participant level 1

Hiii , I cancelled my fido home internet and fido sent me an email on 30 march for returning modem and they sent again a new mail for returning modem but i sent modem used first mail but now they said they register second mail :s address . But can i do now i have only 7 days left???

davidloids3

I've been Fido loyal customer for more than 16 yrs. and because of same situation that I lost my tracking receipt. I received a $ 236 charged for the unreturned modem. I already returned 3 months ago. I asked them to send the return form and I already send and after sending I received another email from them to return the modem. Now because of this situation it looks like I have to cancel my mobile with them. 

Hey @davidloids3,

Welcome to the community!

We're truly sorry to learn about this situation with your home internet account. 🙁

Our support team can definitely help you look into this. Please contact us here for support! 

Hello @Harshvirsingh,

If you haven't sent the modem as yet I would suggest you call customer service and they can advise you which return label to use, if you did return it already you can let them know the return label you used and they can update the account accordingly.

Complaint111

I tried returning my modem to the store and the guy told me I can't return it. Do you guys not want it?

Hey @Complaint111

We don't accept in-store returns because of the pandemic. When you cancelled your service, you should have received an email with instructions on how to return it by mail. You would need to follow these instructions to return it.

Adhi123

Hi I forgot to return my modem now food charged me 250$. With my moving tension I forgot. How can I return the modem?  I called customer service they said 30 days already passed. But I couldn't get any reminders. This is very stressful. 

Hey @Adhi123,

We do suggest to reach out to our customer care team here to look into solutions for the unreturned modem.

FidoPhilippe

Hey @tben_94! Welcome to the community. Smiley

That's certainly a pickle, but don't worry, we should be able to help you with that. To get help, you'll either need to contact us here or we can send you a PM.

Let us know if you prefer the PM method.

tben_94

I tried getting help on chat but I didn't get get any solution. Please PM me if there is real solution. 

Thank you.

Hey @tben_94, no problem, we got you!

Talk to you soon Smiley

tben_94

Thank you Fido. Smiley

Looks like everything worked out. Glad to hear it.

gkisana

Hi, 

I am in a similar situation, I wasn't able to return it within 5 days due to my move and Covid. Return date was July 3rd or 4th, can someone please help me with this to avoid the charge. I can return the box as soon as July 13th, tomorrow. 

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @gkisana

No worries,we can assure you that the charge will be reversed as soon as we receive the modem.With that said, does the charge already appear on your invoice?

Also, what return method did you choose when deactivating your home internet service? A 5 day window is usually provided when the modem return is done at a store. However, due to COVID-19, return options have been limited to courrier as much as possible.

Just so we're on the same page, have you received an return package (box + waybill) so you can mail back the modem?

Let us know, and you can always reach out to us on these channels for immediate assistance.

It was our pleasure! 

You know where to reach us if ever you have any other questions Smiley 

Have a lovely evening!