cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$250 charge for the modem which I have returned.

qiren99
I'm a participant level 3

I cancelled my internet service with FIDO and I have Rogers now. I returned the modem to a FIDO store after the cancellation. About two months later, I received Fido bill which charges me $250 for the modem. Of course I called back and told them which store and when I have returned the modem. So they did an internal search and they could not locate the modem. How in the world a company doesn't knwo what have been returned to them??? Luckily I have found my receipt of the returned equipment and they still haven't reversed the charge. Looking back, if I could not locate my receipt and I would be robbed of $250 by Fido. 

Who is running this company? I know it is a cheap brand of Rogers, but the service is horrible.

7 REPLIES 7

qiren99

This is the worst customer experience I ever had. After numerous phone calls (each time waited hours on the phone), they still haven't returned the charge (the money they tried to steal from me). Worst!

Hey @qiren99! We're sorry to read about your recent experience. That doesn't sound like us. Did you verify with the tracking number if we've received your returned modem? If that's the case, please contact us so we can review the situation with you. 

FidoVan

Hi @qiren99 and welcome to the Community!

Sorry to read about your experience. If you still have unresolved situations, don't hesitate to reach us out through our available support channels here.

Thanks!

qiren99

No, after I sent Fido my receip for the return of the modem, FIDO still has not returned the $250 they charged on my credit card!!! What a company! Who runs this company? Shame on you!

qiren99

No, it is still not resolved. I returned the modem to a FIDO store, and I sent my receipts to FIDO multiple times, still they took more than $250 on my credit card today. What kind of company is this???

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Please reach out to us using these methods and one of our agents will be happy to follow up on the situation.

Hope this helps and let us know how it goes!

Hi there @qiren99 , glad you were able to resolve the return issue. The refund can take a while to make its way to you and hopefully has by now. The return may have been held at the store for a few days and missed the billing cycle cut off. I hope all has worked out for you. Take care,cheers