cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hey Fido, you are about to lose a customer (3 cell lines + home phone line) to Virgin

qvtt
I'm a participant level 3

Hi Fido,

I am a loyal Fido customer (at least 15 years) with 3 cell lines and 1 home line. I wanted to switch my cell lines to the Unlimited US-Canada Calling + US Roaming + 50Gb for 45$/mo, but the chat agant kept ignoring that plan and repeating what are the other offers that are shown in my account. W

Anyway, long story short, I am fed up with Fido and swicthing to Virgin. They offer me the same plan for 45$/mo.

16 REPLIES 16

PsychoMcSatan
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I have a feeling I'll need to jump ship as well. I switched to Fido last Black-Friday for 3 lines with 20GB/month for $80 total before taxes, but the BF promotion credits end in three months (clearly to keep my business through competitor's current BF deals) and my monthly bill will more than double.

Fido's best offer appears to be "upgrading" all three lines to 50GB for $50/month each, but that's still a total $70/month jump that I just can't afford, and 20GB is already overkill.

I understand the idea of one-time promotions, but there are enough companies with BF and win-back promotions that it's not unrealistic to perpetually maintain more data than we need for about $100/month for 3 lines.  I'd like to not have to switch once a year, but the savings to be had by jumping through a few hoops are something that I feel I'd be irresponsible not to pursue. It would cost me a minimum of $500 to stay with Fido till next Black-Friday.

Are there any phone companies that would honour loyalty by offering long-term pricing that is at least close to the rates that a consumer can realize by not being loyal to one brand?

Hey @PsychoMcSatan,

Please refer to the solution of the thread. We'd be happy to help.

Oscar91
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

are you really saying that for $45 a month you're getting that that data package which includes being able to use your phone just like you were at home while in the USA? That would be fabulous.

Proac
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

I'm happy that my other 4 lines are coming up to the end of their contracts and I have a feeling nothing substantial is going to change with Fido. I know it's the parent companies doing but frankly that's not my problem. We now have so called flanker brands offering the full suite of smartphone services for less money. If those extra services mean anything to you it's silly not to switch companies.

Proac
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

I feel your pain. I still have my 4 kids with Fido but I finally had enough of the Fido experience and I jumped ship. I'm the account holder and bill payer meanwhile my kids lines were getting better offers on new devices than I was. Fido wanted $500 down for a new Pixel 8 Pro. Let's just say I paid 0 down and received 5G service with much more data ( including US data so no $12 daily roaming charges) for roughly the same price I was paying Fido. No more limited network speeds, no more lack of Apple watch support, or any of the other handcuffing Rogers imposes on their flanker brand. I admit I will miss Fido customer service which I always found impressive.

FidoAnthony

Hey @qvtt 

We definitely do not want to see you go. Please feel free to contact us so we can take a look at your account. You can reach us out on our social media pages here.

We would love to go over the different options with you. Smiley

jhamil37
I'm a contributor level 1

It doesn't seem that Fido really wants to keep its long time customers. We can't even get the plans offered to the general public. I sent in a screen shot showing a plan that was new activations and" Hardware Upgrades" but after upgrading the phone it wasn't available. Recently when I brought up my concern thatt loyal customers are not rewarded but rather punished for staying with Fido it was suggested to wait and Black Friday deals would be available... the only ones I see are for new customers.

Hey @jhamil37 

We would love to take another look at your account. You can reach us via our social media channels here or by calling us at 1 (888) 481-3436.

We hope to chat/talk to you soon! :grinning_face:

jhamil37

The link appears to be the same contact information that I have already contacted. I sent in a screenshot I believe of the offer for new activation and hardware upgrades , I have sent in a second message with screenshot, but have had no reply. I phoned and talked to someone and asked if there was anyone else I could speak with, perhaps a loyalty representative or manager and told no. So who should I contact?

Hey @jhamil37,

You can reach out on social media, on live chat or by phone. We were busier than usual a few days ago and it resulted in delays to our replies. 

Hope this helps!

jhamil37

Hi FidoVanessa    I'm not sure  who to contact about this,. I have tried reaching out through online chat and phone support. This week noticed that free gigs I was getting have disappeared  I expect my plan price has also gone up.. just so annoying to walk by the Fido store where we got our new phone and seeing less expensive plan displayed.  

I hear you @jhamil37,

You're welcome to contact us over the methods shown here if you need help. 

jhamil37

Hi FidoAnthonyZ

Thanks, I will try Messenger. I had gone through online chat and phoned with no success. However I did get a problem resolved in the past using messenger. At that time they were very helpful.

Sounds good, @jhamil37 

Feel free to let us know how it goes! 😀

jhamil37

Hi, I had a chat? Messaging session?  yesterday and we will be getting new , better plans at a better rate. May not be perfect but saves money. 

qvtt

I wanted to chat with a manager or supervisor but the chat agent refused. There is no point to chat again, I know Fido agent will repeat the same offers that are shown on my lines again and again, I have enough of this.

It's too late now, my new SIM cards with the new provider are on their way.