cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$12 a day International Roaming in US is overpriced.

AllThisnTravel2
I'm a participant level 2

It's about time Fido and it's infamous-larger sibling Rogers "extract-the-finger" and reduce international romaing rates for US to $5... actual, most International Roaming should be $5 per day... other Telcos in simialr countries offer customers international Romaing Rates as low as that and they have to deal with the same Partner carriers as Rogers do.... so what's the reason a Telco on the same landmass, with as close a reslationship to the USA as Rogers, Bell & Telus don't offer this ?

I leave it to you to wonder but it's about time we start turning up the heat to the Execs in these companies.

Interntaional Roaming price to USA should be $5 per day! Enough of antu-competitive pricing in the Canadian Telco Market!

2 REPLIES 2

orest424234

I agree - there is no pay per use option either. I made 1 minute call in US before and got $12 charge. Another time I got a single text message, $12. Was told use Airplane mode or too bad. 

Hello Orest424234,

Welcome to the community!

If you did not wish to use Fido Roam, you would need to opt-out of the service. In doing so, any usage abroad would be on a pay-per-use basis. You can view those rates here. You should note that this forum is community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. If you would like to opt-out of Fido Roam, you would need to contact customer service . In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers